• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Forterra 130 HSX whine at idle

scott12441

Level 2
First name
Scott12441
Hi Z's, yet another question from the new guy. Still loving my Forterra 130 HSX, recently it started whining for lack of a better word, after running for a few hours at low rpm when switching directions or gears, or engaging PTO at low rpm. Only happens at idle, if you kick the peddle to pump the rpm and let off again, it will go away. It gets worse the longer you use it. Last time in actually starting overheating the tractor (could be separate issue but don't think so). I am working with the dealer but looking for suggestions if I can save a visit.

Thanks in advance

I never had a mystery noise like this on my 140 HSX, but the only thing my tractor doesn't like is working at low revs for long periods especially when you drive from cold without a good run at high revs to warm up correctly, then you will get the siren for the DPF going off and a red warning like comes on, on the dash and the only way to get the siren to stop is to bring up the revs to over 2000 for at least 3 minutes.

For example I started the tractor one morning from cold and while fitting my slurry agitator the siren can on but once started to agitate the slurry tank with the engine well open, it didn't take long for it to end.

Thanks for reply, I will watch for that, I am thinking this is a clutch hydraulic issue, as it involves both gears and pto. Question while I have you. I am new to the electronic clutch, when you use the torq multiplier on the gear shift, do you let off on accelerator like when shifting gears or just hit the up or down button as required?

When I'm using the de-clutch button to change gears I would let off the accelerator, when I'm changing the splitter going up I would not lift off but coming down I would lift off the accelerator.

Hi Z's, yet another question from the new guy. Still loving my Forterra 130 HSX, recently it started whining for lack of a better word, after running for a few hours at low rpm when switching directions or gears, or engaging PTO at low rpm. Only happens at idle, if you kick the peddle to pump the rpm and let off again, it will go away. It gets worse the longer you use it. Last time in actually starting overheating the tractor (could be separate issue but don't think so). I am working with the dealer but looking for suggestions if I can save a visit.

Thanks in advance

I had my HSX serviced lately and you problem according to my mechanic thinks it an air relief valve for the splitters and pto is needing adjustment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back