• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

9641 forterra reliability

long_1310

Level 2
First name
Jackman Colby
Hello, first time posting here. I am looking at a 2006 forterra 9641 w quicke q50 loader with under 200 hrs for sale locally. Sun faded but in nice shape. Slope hood electronic linkage control. I am in the northeast United States (massachusetts). Compared to a deere or cnh tractor how do these honestly stack up durability wise? This tractor will do 25% loader service and 75% pto field service haying. Will long hay tend to wrap around the front driveshaft in the field? There is no dealer support in my area but we do fairly well repairing in the shop on our own. Will these tractors go 5000 or 6000 hours without major repair with the dry clutch being the exception of course? Any trouble spots i should look at? I have an old long 1310 that is really a 12011 that gets a lot of curious looks as zetor are rare around here. I like euro tractors and im not afraid of something different if it is reliable. This 9641. would replace a new Holland tl90a that has been ok i guess but nothing special. I was impressed by the size and weight of the forterra And I like the big cab and air actuated torque multiplier :sneaky: there were a couple 80s 4 pot models around when i was a kid they seemed ok. I remember one owner telling me he loved the compressor on his to inflate tires but he moved away and the other woman passed away no one left to ask here. A lot of questions I know but i want to get it all out there. Thanks

Hello from Ireland. I bought a 10641 (one size bigger than 9641) in 2008 and had it for nearly 10 years. Have to say was a completely trouble free tractor, apart from regularly service I never put a spanner to it for any major repair.

As for hay wrapping around the driveshaft, this can happen to any tractor but it should have guards over the universal joints at both ends. They don't have a cover over the entire shaft.

The only weak points I found is the glass doors, if your coming from a tractor with steel door frames, don't bang too hard the doors when closing them. Also the rocker cover seal can go from time to time and oil will run down the side of the engine, looks bad but only minor fix.

Couple of things that I found was a pain on them, was to put it into 1000 on the PTO you need open 3 bolts on the back and put in a little piece of steel and remove again to return to 540 also there is no fourth gear in reverse in high or low, which is pain for hedgecutting. The rear lift arms don't rise high enough when you using machines with high PTO shafts.

Thank you diy farmer for sharing your knowledge and experience with zetor . It is great to be able to reach folks on other continents and share information.

Don't know any thing about the 9641, I have a 2003 6341 I bought new from a local dealer, that soon after went out of business. Wanted to caution you about lack of dealers. Zetor has really cut back on on the North American market. My closest dealer is about 200 mile round trip here in southwest Ohio. Made the mistake of making a direct ship order from Zetor. Cost me $25.00 for a $2.00 seal. Have never had a problem with hay wrapping on the drive shaft, the 6341 has a full length shield. Good Luck. George

A Forterra 9641 would be a reliable tractor as it was based on the earlier Crystal range. With heavy gearbox, steering, brakes and backend than 6341

Users who are viewing this thread

Back