• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

2012 HSX Forterra 130

scott12441

Level 2
First name
Scott12441
slight intermittent whine when not under load when shifting gears or in neutral. Had my tractor for about 5 months now, love it. After running about 8 hours you hear a slight whine coming from what seems in front of and below the accelerator pedal. It is intermittent, it starts when I take the gear shift out of 1-5 and into neutral or a lower gear, it goes away instant tractor is put under load or if I turn off the ignition with the engine still running it stops so appears to be related to something electronically engaged. If I turn the key off killing the electrical and the engine still running when I turn the key back on noise does not come back. Gear fluid is at the high mark when tractor is off. Sounds like a pump whine. No warning lights or anything just doesn't sound right and thought I would be proactive. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

slight intermittent whine when not under load when shifting gears or in neutral. After running about 8 hours you hear a slight whine coming from what seems in front of and below the accelerator pedal. It is intermittent, it starts when I take the gear shift out of 1-5 and into neutral

I heard that noise once or twice from mine too, appears when it's been going many hours, comes if you stop the engine and then restart it like 2 minutes later and it's in neutral and you select forward on the power shuttle a little whine. I hope it's nothing to do with hydraulic clutch pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back