• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

130 HSX bogging and stalling

scott12441

Level 2
First name
Scott12441
Hi everyone, new here, recently purchased a 2012 130 HSX, truly love the tractor, having a few issues and hoping for some help . I am not against service but dealer is 2.5 hours away and I have to pay travel time so paying 5 hours before starting is cost ineffective.

Approx 2 weeks ago I lost all warning lights and gear indicators on the dash and got NO CAN SIGNAL warning. Then the tractor died. Started up again no issues. Now after about 15 minutes of running it suddenly starts to bog and eventually stalls. You turn it off, switch the master power switch off and back on start it up and it runs fine again for another 15 minutes then stops again. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Hi everyone, new here, recently purchased a 2012 130 HSX, truly love the tractor,
Approx 2 weeks ago I lost all warning lights and gear indicators on the dash and got NO CAN SIGNAL warning. Then the tractor died. Started up again no issues. Now after about 15 minutes of running it suddenly starts to bog and eventually stalls. You turn it off, switch the master power switch off and back on start it up and it runs fine again for another 15 minutes then stops again. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I have a 140 HSX new 3 years ago, yes they are a very lovely tractor. It sounds so much like you have a diesel problem or take off the tank and clean it out, this is a problem I had before, but when you got a message up on the screen may mean there is something else going on, but your dealer should be able what the warning code means.
Does your tractor turn by the key? or do you pull a stopper knob?

You turn it off, switch the master power switch off and back on start it up and it runs fine again for another 15 minutes then stops again. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

If you don't turn off the master switch every time, will it not start again at all?

Because if your turning off the master switch every time you are resetting the circuits which would mean an electrical problem rather than a diesel one. but the fact that it runs for a while its sounds like the problem I had with my last Forterra when the tank had dirt swimming around in it.

Thanks for quick reply, most times I have turned off the master, my tractor has the key to start and pull to stop, (can actually remove the key and electronics are off but engine still runs)

Last night it did it 3 times, I never touched the master once, first time it idled while I did things, once I worked it for 15 minutes it bogged and stopped, I waiting a minute restarted and it ran for 5 or 10 and stopped again, I waited 3 or 4 minutes and it started and ran for 10 minutes no issues. I was thinking electric but don't know. No errors on screen since the "NO CAN SIGNAL" I am going to go ahead an clean fuel tank and lines and replace filter probably needs to be done anyway. Thanks again will keep you updated.

I cant find anything to indicate it does have a dpf mind you the set up for the exhaust looks complicated but nothing looks easily removable. I picked up a new filter for fuel line, was thinking of draining an cleaning tank while I was at it.

Dealer is coming to install a speed sensor as luck would have it so going to leave it to the magicians, will update with results

No big round silver box, they came yesterday replaced the speed sensor (warranty) and said if was fuel related. When you said in line fuel filter is the in addition to the larger fuel filter in the canister? The tech showed my wife a fairly small object that kinda sounds like a in line filter you would see on an atv or older car.

appears to have only been the fuel filter, lucky I guess, now my air leaks and something squealing, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back