• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Forterra Air compressor purge normal condition

scott12441

Level 2
First name
Scott12441
Same guy different question. Wondering the normal operating sound of the air compressor. When you shut the tractor off should it release pressure and allow water to drain? Recently it started hissing when sitting running, I shut down and noticed the relieve valve on bottom of tank. My thought is the valve is designed to release moisture when the tractor is shut down. I played with it a bit and now when I power the tractor down you can hear the air drain. I am thinking it is now working properly and wasn't before. Thoughts? Thanks Zetors

Wondering the normal operating sound of the air compressor. Recently it started hissing when sitting running, I shut down and noticed the relieve valve on bottom of tank. My thought is the valve is designed to release moisture when the tractor is shut down.

On my 140 HSX the compressor comes on after the engine is started and top up the tank after that it releases air where the valve is at the steps then when you use the splitters air comes out of the tank and compressor tops up the tank again .

If you want to pump a tyre, you need to pull the ring on the bottom of the tank and release air out of the valve so the compressor cuts in and you have pressure in the hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back