• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Dutra tractor

Would love to, but they arent around here. Spares are scarce too, they say.

Hi Mike, I had one of these, a D4KB with a P6354 engine, in 1969 to 72, I have only seen one since and that was at a vintage rally. It was a tractor that got a lot of getting used to, but was a huge machine in its day. Because the engine weight was in front of the front axle and the air brakes were brilliant, if it didn't have water in the rear tyres it would nose down if you braked hard on a hill, and the last I heard of it it was waiting for a nose cone and radiator after an incident in a Devon lane. I often wonder if its still in existence.
Regards, Dave

hi mike
i have dutra, does your friend want to sell any bits?? id be very interested!

i have just got my self a new dutra with perkins engine was wondering if anybody knows its former keeper and what they used it for etc. would be nice to know a bit about its history. was sold to a guy in ireland he said he had it for 5 years but can not remember where it came from. it has had a bit put on the front (24/6/83 by p.l. is marked on it) so that mite narrow it down a bit.
thanks if anyone knows !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha0x_Me5hO8

Ours was an older version than that, It didn't have draft control hydraulics. Have you found the creep speed yet ?
You put the main gearstick all the way over to the right ( I think) and pull it back. you then have 4 creep speeds. 2 with the low high lever and the other 2 with the pto speed lever because its driven internally off the pto shaft. I seem to remember that the lowest is around 80 metres per hour with the engine flat out.

Here's the odd tractor, there is one in Ireland according to this post

talking about strange tractors do you know i saw today a row of tumosan if that the spelling they look like fiat only a darker colour

no the loader factory in tipp they are all getting the same loader i wonder do the imported just leave them there and if someone orders one with a loader they are already to fit

no the loader factory in tipp they are all getting the same loader i wonder do the imported just leave them there and if someone orders one with a loader they are already to fit

Yes I know where you were, Yes I say you are correct, a farmer orders one c/w loader and the Tipp crowd rolls one into the factory

That's a good question?? have you seen any tumosans in your travels???

not one that i can remember saw a s/h one for sale and all the new ones but one on a farm i would say no:(

Have you seen it's cousin a DFH from China also looks like a Fiat?

Or a IMT tractor? Though it might be before your time, they were a Romanian tractor as far as I know, with a Perkins engine like the small Ursus. A garage in Tpp were selling them and there was one one DD lately

i have one unusual one for you the farmer tractor i think they have zetor engines a garage in galway was bring them in there was 2 of them on DD last year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back