• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

what are your main farming tractors?

P

patrick

just wondering what tractors ye have? we have a john deere 6900,fendt 610Ls,leyland 255,marshall 702, massey fergusen 250 and a manatiou 633 turbo telecopic

We use a Zetor 5245 as main tractor, i am building a loader on it so the old Deutz D50 will retire from the loader, and be used as haying and hobby tractor from this spring off. A 6718 mainly for PTO and transport applications, and a 2011 just for the fun (and some haymaking)

JD 2100 cab ( Zetor 6245 ) opened out to around 68 hp at PTO
This is just a general spare tractor
JD 6110 SE cab at 83hp PTO
This is the work horse, does all the mowing, all the feeding out, all the odd jobs around the place
MF 399 ROPS for loader work mostly and also "rough work"
JD 6920s PP for harvest work and ground work.

The most reliable so far is proving to be the 6110. The 2100 had overheating issues ( resolved ) and brakes that plain suck! The 399 has a weak clutch ( apparently very common on this model ) and the 6920 has not yet had its first service. And I have not quite figured out exactly how to control it yet!

Was looking at a Same silver 90 to replace the 2100, but eventually opted against it. The 2100 is so simple.. The same definalty is not simple!

This is all on about 550ha of land, running beef and sheep

yeah, it did have some nice features though. But the 6110 pulled it backwards, even with 2500 hours wear on the tires! Most guys in NZ who have them love them, and my partners father is a Same trained mechanic. He certainly does not see many back once their sold untill well after 5000 hours as long as their maintained.

For a wet clutch / powershift gearbox, the same had nothing on the JD's with a powrquad / powrreverser.

If Zetor could come out with a transmission like that, wet clutch and a nice cab such as the JD - I would be happy paying that sort of money for a zetor really... they do last well!

Hmm Same trannies have the bad name to be splattering apart for no reason.... And so do the engines, several have ceised when suddenly the oil pressure drops to zero...

the other day we sold the JD 6900 and have bought a fendt 515c ;);) what a beast!!

Well i have 5 Zetors one 9145, one 10245 and 3 forterra 11441s followed by one MF 6480 and 2 6475s. I also have 2 Fiat Hitachi FB100 wheel diggers, 2 JCB 3CX sitemasters and one Komatsu PC160LC-7.
The 2 JCB 3cx sitemasters are being traded in for another PC160LC-7 next month as finding good wheel digger drivers is getting harder. Nobody seems to want to operate them anymore as sites tend to use them as wheel barrows and most youngsters want to get on slews now.

That is a lot of tractors. We have a agri farm in The Netherlands and we only need one tractor. I wish I hade a lot tractors and specialy Zetor . Zetor Proxima and Forterra 11741 are nice tractors.

Hi,

Well i dont farm with my tractors, its all construction work and road work. The 3 Forterras are good tractors but and this is a BIG but the 11741 is a pile of junk. I put a demo against my 11441s and it was no better and i dont like the same engine.

This is also why i have turned to MF now as i have a good dealer and they are also nearby and will do their best at all times. Until Zetor get their act together if they do all my next tractors will be MF.

William, backhoe loaders seem to be used only in the U.K. and America. In Holland, backhoe loaders are a rarity. the Atlas 1404 wheeled excavator is the most popular digger all around.
http://www.atlas-terex.de/index-en.php?atlas=produkte/bagger.inc

Hi Renze,

Yes well over here the smaller range of mini excavators on normally rubber tracks have taken over wheel diggers work, rubber ducks (wheeled excavators) are mostly used on road jobs and where you need tyres and not tracks. I was toying with the idea of a duck but decided for tracks again.

Where a wheel digger really pays its way is when i do one day hires where the hirer pays travelling time, that can add upto 2 hours a day extra money, over a week you can get sometimes extra 10 hours a week which at 16 an hour is quite a sum.

William,

Wheeled excavators still do most of the jobs here. The public ditch department (uhuh.. i dont know how else to say it) uses 13 tonne excavators with long reach booms, on wide 60cm tires, and a 3 meter sickle bar bucket.

on excavation sites, an excavator can allways get out of the construction pit by pulling itself out with the boom.

Renze,

Thats a different use for a duck, over here they are mainly tracked machines, mind you they are working on 6-12" soil then peat. Like i said i would have bought a duck but tracks are still the way togo, and dont forget you can buy rubber pads for tracked machines now.

And not only that but some drivers just cant get on with them, mind you i like them better than tracks, ive had a duck where some people wouldnt have had a tracked machine and got the job done. I and one of my drivers will work the wheel diggers on the road jobs with out using the legs or buckets on the floor just like a duck and still get the job done.

There will always be a place for wheeldiggers in the uk as the are so easy to send here there and everywhere at a moments notice. I see that jcb have just launched their new wheeldiggers with their new engines and a torque converter lock up, well fermec had that about 5 years or more ago. It still wont get me anywhere near a jcb in a long time.

valmet 8150 with alo quicke 670
zetor 3340 with alo quicke 630
fiat 640
fiat 350
zetor 2011

The valmet and zetor 3340 are used at our mushroomfactory,the valmet mostly for transporting machines (run's 55 km/h)
the fiat 640 is used at the little farm my dad has, for haymaking and all the little things, the fiat 350 is retired (isn't used in more than ten years, was sold but the buyer never showed up)
and the 2011 is my hobby, got it from my granddad, it was his first and only tractor he ever had.
I'm busy with it to make him new again, you can watch photo's on www.paddonline.tk

I have a massey 3095 swaped the 7245! see the other thread( zetor or massey) in the tractor forum;) a david brown 1212 with a 1690 engine;) "old faithfull" the zetor 3545;), massey 35, international 275. zetor 5718 "old rattly" the nuffield 3/45;) a leyland 272 and a leyland 285 a fordson major and a ford/newholland digger/loader thats it;) nothing else:( stop eating those magic mushrooms renze!!!;)

Have mixed farm here, about 500ac, cattle and cropping soya beans in summer and oats and barley over winter. So all the tractor's are a main tractor at times. The old 1566 International is the primary cult. pulling deep rippers mostly, followed by a 4430 JD pulling 28 plate off-set disc's. The planting is done with a 766 International driving an airseeder. General farm work is performed by a 784 International and the 434 International does all the light mowing and drives a small square baler then there's the B250 International, it hangs around waiting to cover the light run-about jobs. ;)

Allis Chalmers 180 gas, Ford 8000 diesel, Zebra 3520, Yanmar
YM 330, Oliver 1650 diesel, Allis Chalmers D10, Oliver 1365,Allis
Chalmers 5040
Mostly make hay for my Cattle and meat goats. Also a a little truck farming here in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

Zetor 7745 Turbo

Zetor 7341 Super Turbo

Zetor 11441

1962 Fordson Dexta Live Drive currently being restored

2 daihatsu jeeps

2mazda pickups

1 honda 350cc quad

i added these in because in my opinion they are just as important as any the tractors we use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back