• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

zetor 7540

paul_h

Level 2
First name
paul hewitson
hi I have a 7540 zetor was cutting grass when a rachet type noise came from what I thought was overrun clutch on pto shaft kept on doing it in long grass parked up . went to take pto shaft of it was bit hot so left it for a while took shaft off .started engine pressed clutch tried to engage pto got a small clunk now tractor wont start any clues

update on 7540e engine wont start due to fault with clutch or pto .took gear box top plate of all seems okay all gears and shafts moving. dose anyone know about the clutch and pto set up .it has locked the engine up .it is not a seized up engine the fault is in the clutch or pto have seen video on you tube showing something like it but no explantion of fault that one seemed to clear itself after pressing clutch many times and turning key

Hi

Does it free off when you move the normal/ground speed lever into neutral. If it does, problem is at the back, take pto housing off. If not, take the plate off r/h side of the gearbox just behind the step. It's about 10" square with about 8 bolts. Inside you'll find the pto clutch. Split tractor at bell housing if you need to strip it.

Mike

hi thanks for replying took cover of this morning pto clutch gone and took teeth of gear at front of pto pack don't know if that comes with it .when I split bell housing from engine then do I take bell housing of clutch pack housing or do I split it at gear box to pto box and do I have to take oil pump and filter block other than pipes of box to remove pto pack worked on many diesel engines and stuff but no serious work on tractors can not get any good manuals for this set up do you know of anymodels with same set up as7540e thanks paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back