• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 9540 Help!

asar2525

Level 2
First name
Asar2525
Hi Everyone,

I picked up a new-to-me Zetor 9540 on Saturday that so far I love! It does have two issues that I would appreciate some help on. For one, the hour meter doesn't work. The tach works fine and I looked through and wiring and didn't find anything cut/disconnected that might cause the hour meter to not be reading. Is this a common problem? Is there a simple solution?

The other issue I'm having is a hydraulic fluid leak out of the brakes. It isn't on the slave cylinder as best I can tell, but higher than that where it actually goes into the housing. Is it an o-ring in there that may be bad?

Thank you and I look forward to being on the forum!

Hi,

The hour meter problem is probably an issue inside the clock as the tacho still works.
If it's leaking oil where the actuating rod goes into the axle there is a rubber seal at that point. (Not an o ring).
Mike

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

I was thinking the hour meter issue may be internal. I'll have to pull it out and see if it's serviceable.

The leak does seem to be where the actuating rod goes into the housing. This tractor sat for many years so I'm finding quite a few seals and lines that are rotted.

Good news is I replaced the seals and pressure washed the hitch and the leaks seem to have gone away. And I got the fuel system cleaned up and sealed so it won't air lock.

The next problem I'm having is finding a seal for the oil bath on the air intake... I ordered part 93-1361 but it was too small for the oil bath on my tractor. The sealing ring was maybe 10" (250mm) diameter while the housing for my air cleaner is more like 12" (300mm). I see there is also part 93-1351 as an alternative in the parts manual . Does anyone know if this is the seal for the larger intake?

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back