• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

9540 hydraulics

terry_9549

Level 1
First name
Terry Milligan
after engine rebuild i can't get any hydraulic pressure.
i took the filter cover off and the shaft is turning.
loosed the nut on the return pipe to try and bleed it.
primed it from top nut with oil.

any ideas?

i drained the oil twice out of the back end first time it worked fine and the second time i have to bleed it seem to be air locked put the back wheels up on a ramp and worked the handle to tip the trailer

i'll try backing it up a ramp tomorrow do i open the nut on the pipe when i do this

I think doing this floods the pump as it's in the middle and the air should be pushed out. I would work the handles engaging the hydraulics

oil filters rubber end first.
backed it up a ramp still cant get oil flowing

Did you have the back end up on a steep enough ramp, and work the lever or else you can open off the pipe coming from the pump and start the tractor with no revs while on the ramp.

The back wheels will need to be about 4 foot higher than the fronts to get this to work.

yes tried that even filled the sump up level with fill bung,
going for a new pump today.

You wouldn't need as much oil as that, I'm not sure where the dip stick is on 9540? If it's like 9245 between your legs or on 9641 it's in the back end , the oil would be up to the third mark full on the level. Yes you may try a pump so.

i changed the pump on my zetor lately too it was very poor at tipping when there was weight on and i also changed the oil to get it to pump again i reversed up a heap of dung that's in the yard moved the handle back and fore and the tipper and off it went again

Yes usually that's the way to fix an air lock, people have opened the pump to try fix but it's like your water pump now throw away and get a new one.

ok here 's how it worked out ....
new pump ,no pressure
so i took whole assembly off then i noticed no oil coming out off oil feed pipe,
so to cut long story short when i was tapping out gasket for bell housing i did not tap out hole for oil feed .

feeling stupid but relived
tractor going great now thanks for all you help .

terry

ok here 's how it worked out ....
new pump ,no pressure
so i took whole assembly off then i noticed no oil coming out off oil feed pipe,
so to cut long story short when i was tapping out gasket for bell housing i did not tap out hole for oil feed .

feeling stupid but relived
tractor going great now thanks for all you help .

terry

You made a gasket to go between the the bell housing and you did not cut out the hole for the oil to flow to the pump and this was stopping the oil. Well at least now you got it sorted, good news .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back