• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Tractor choice-NOT EASY

prosno

Level 1
First name
Prosno
I want to first say I think this site is very nice and tons of info, thanks for giving me the oportunity to be here. I am debating buying a new Zetor 100 hp tractor for snow plowing with heated cab probably a/c too. I am hearing from every friend I have to stay with New Holland, JD, Case etc... but I'm finding most of these tractors are made oversea's anyway. I'd have to get a used tractor and who knows what shape and also have no warrentee. The Zetor would be new for the same price and have a warrentee. Is this Zetor a sturdy hard working tractor? how reliable? any info I can get would be great as I am leaning toward a Zetor. Thanks guys.

Hi Sasha. I look after about a dozen Forterras and would have no worries about reccomending them to you. The model you would need would be the 9641 (99hp). I'm not saying they never break down, but from my experience the repair costs are not as "silly" as the big name brands. Whatever you buy, will break down at some time !! The choice is yours. All the best Mike

I have been looking around as well.
But what i have seen is that the zetor has very high torque reserve (38% I think?) But Same explorer for example only has 22%!!
This is what i find interesting;) To me zetor is much better designed tractor, it has twice the pulling power of other makes:)

If you are in the USA, the resale value falls sharply on the Zetor . If you buy a used Deere, Kubota, Case or that blue tractor for the same cost and have to sell it in a couple of years, your cost of ownership will be much lower than buying a new Zetor. (Assuming you don't get unlucky with reliablity.) However if you keep the Zetor for a long time, you will probally be better off with it. Used Zetors can be excellent buys right now.
Daryl, Wy, USA

Over here, Deere isnt as overrated as in the U.S.
In th USA the resale price of "proudly true american made" green paint is high, no matter what tractor they spray it on, even if it was an unreliable Italian made Carraro or a flimsy Japanese lawn mower. :p

Anyways, over here in Europe, Zetor represents the highest resale value, more than Deere or Fendt. Reason is the huge demand of used tractors from eastern Europe, they inisist on Zetor because of ease of repair, reliability and robustness.

You can sell a 25 year old Zetor 6011 for half the price it was new in 1982. And that is in a country where they didnt have the extremely high monetary inflation as they had in North America !!!!

Here in norway we sell old bad zetors for very good prices to poland . used zetor is wery easy to sell. a 6045 cost about 10000euro in 1983,now 25 year after we sell them to poland for5000 euro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back