• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

new tractor

junk

Level 1
First name
Junk
hi guys i hope i have come to the right place.:)

I am on the lookout for a new to me zetor must be around 70hp and be able to stand up to muck carting with a 6t trailer and spend the winter on a large transport box. I have only had 1 tractor before and that was a ford 4000 which managed but only just, hoping the new tractor should manage abit more easily.
The reason i am after a zetor is because of the large cab, as my wife has now returned to work i have to look after our 6 month old child and think the passenger seat would be ideal to mount the baby seat on.
So what i was looking for guys was some sound advice in what model would suit my needs, i have a budget of 6000 and would prefer a 4wd model as we have just taken on some steep ground.:cool:

well a 6711 is well capable of pulling a 15 ton dump trailer and has an ergonomically designed cab so plenty room for the wench and nipper:cool:

Is that a 4wd model or a 2wd model, and what horsepower would it be because i dont want anything too big and powerful as i only have a 6t trailer and dont want anything too heavy on the hills making a mess in the winter.

its a 65hp 2wd,a 6748 would be a 4wd.if the ground is wet you could fit 650/65/34 tyres to aid in flotation.

I was in the same situation. Had a Ford 4000 and although it could pull the trailer on the road, it barely managed if it was slippy or through a field. I managed to trade my 4000 for a Zetor 7045. It's 4wd and about 65 Hp. Plenty of power for moving my tralier full of manure.

The cab is large and you could put a seat for the kid in it, but don't know if I would take a kid in it.

Compared to the other tractors I was looking at the time, massey, ford, fiat, valmet, case and john deere, the Zetor was so cheap to buy in comparison to them for same age and same hours.
In some cases there was well over 5000 euros difference in price. It's an 82 and has a front loader with 2450 hours, the price was 8500 and I got it for 4000 as I traded the ford in against it.

I hope this gives you some idea for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back