• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

zetor vs. other tractors

marine308

Level 1
First name
marine308
I am new to the forum. I am considering a purchase of a zetor 85 horse proxima but I don't know much about zetor tractors. Can anyone tell me their experiences, good and bad. they seem to have a great warranty but how do they compare to john deere, case and kubota? thanks Rick

the new Major is built like the economy models of Deere, Kubota and Case. The basic Proxima, which is similarly equipped and only a wee bit more expensive, is in a different league, its built a lot heavier than any other economy tractor. The design is tried and tested, it has its earliest roots in the 4011 of 1963 where the engines are rooted in 1991 and the powershift gearboxes of the Plus and Power models in 2008, and are in their 2nd generation.

Its a nice and reliable package for a great price, whether you get the 12/12 synchro box or the 24/24 powershuttle with three stage powershift.

In 2003 I bought a new 6341 Super. Overall it has been a good tractor. Early on I had problems with the clutch and brake cylinders, but the company took care of the problems. This tractor does not have any "bells and whistles", just a basic tractor with enough HP and weight to do what I need. The only significant problem I have had is with the AC. The mounting bracket for the compressor keeps breaking, and the last time it took out the compressor, I still need to get it fixed. I am well satisfied with the tractor.
Semper Fidelis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back