• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Torque multiplier forterra

transpond

Level 2
First name
transpond
I have a forterra 10641 the tm is not working. Oil level on top dip marker. Stuck in lower speed unless ascending steep gradient when it kicks up 2 gears and pto likely disengage! Buttons on gearstick and panel display indicate function ok but tractor wont change up speeds. 2005 age tractor.
Any quick checks/fixes?

I had a 2008 10641 for nearly ten years but never had this problem, do check the air that selects the splitter is working ok.

I have a forterra 10641 the tm is not working. Oil level on top dip marker. Stuck in lower speed unless ascending steep gradient when it kicks up 2 gears and pto likely disengage! Buttons on gearstick and panel display indicate function ok but tractor wont change up speeds. 2005 age tractor.
Any quick checks/fixes?

Sounds like a torque pump but I don't know if they were fitted on tractors after the Crystal series.

sit in on tractor seat turn key on to power electrics but not to start engine now press the gear stick buttons if you should hear the little air ram going through it,s motion working makes a little hiss under the floor of cab no noise just means no air or rust causing the shaft it,s turning is seized and some times would work and other times not, have seen the grub screw on the shaft to open as well
The best thing is lift floor mat open the floor inspection plate and the the pto and power shift control unit is sitting on top of the transimisson its about an half hour job.

That's what I was talking about the air selector, when you don't have the pto going it works sounds like that air is leaking out.

ah only read your post there now so sorry for repeating what you had already said any way no word from original poster not even a thanks think a problem encounter on current series machines they should be told head down to your local dealer for consultancy and parts purchase

Ah that's no bother, as they say "two heads are better than one", glad we were on the same page anyway. The 10641 range are all controlled by air, a local man here had a 4wd not working turned out to be an air leak too.

Cheers guys really appreciate the help , I sorted it today after rereading this thread 4 months later...tried 4 months ago and failed to get right floor panels up....today had another go and found a broken return spring that pulls the gas ram back...replaced it and after best part of a year using tractor with just 6 forward gears I now have 18 again....brilliant!

Glad to hear you got going again, and nice to see someone coming back to thank the other users of this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back