• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

New Fortterra

kiwi

Level 2
First name
Mike Lyford
Hi there all you Zetor people, from down under .I own a John Deere 2700 here in New Zealand and have found it to be a good honest but slightly noisy tractor!!Of course that is a UR111 to those who do not know.I would love to know more about the new Fortterra range, are they available yet in Europe and at what cost in euros, for say a 100 hp model??????????????????
Has Zetor released sales literature for these tractors yet, including interior shots of the cab???? Does these new sloop nose bonnets tilt as my tractor has poor engine access with the fuel tank above the engine,always water in the fuel-condensation!!!
What improvements have been made to the engines,as my UR111
is very suseptableto annoying vibrations at certain revs???
Love this site, a real work of passion!!

Hi,

The standard prices for Forterras in Holland are:
UR3 8641.11 Forterra 85 hp 4WD 36.500,-
UR3 9641.11 Forterra 95 hp 4WD 37.500,-
UR3 10641.11 Forterra 105 hp 4WD 39.500,-
UR3 11441.11 Forterra 114 hp 4WD 41.300,-

All disadvantages of the old models are fixed now: the one you have is a 9540 first model, later there were 9641 (still with square nose)

The current models have a noise level of below 78 DbA and with extra optional insulation they can get below 73 DbA
The fuel tank is now mounted under the cab like the UR1 series.

Me and my brother, we have test driven a new Forterra 11441. The engine runs very very smooth, i havent noticed any vibrations. The tone of the engine changed a little, bit like an old Ford 7710. However the 480 Nm of torque would tear a 7710 apart...
The powershift is electro-pneumatic operated, some sweet little whistles when you shift and you hardly feel it, very smooth shifting. The new ones have a 24 forward/ 18 reverse tranny, 4 speeds/2 ranges/3 powershift plus reverser, the 4th gear is blocked in reverse.

These are still no-nonsense tractors but now have the simple EHR electronic hitch standard because it was cheaper to fit them in all models than to give customers a choice. The mechanical hitch is still available but for the same price as a standard electronic one.

http://www.zetor .de/forterra%20neu.htm
this is the site of the German importer, clik around here, enjoy the pictures and forget the words...;)

Great to get your reply Renze, I very much enjoyed your desccripetion of the new models and I enjoyed that German web page.My 9540 might not be the last word in refinement but it really does impress with its low down torque, so I bet them there new Fortterras will really be something!!!!!!!The only concern really is price, and the traditional Zetor value for money is now long gone!!At just on 40000 euros, that converts to over 80,000
New Zealand dollars and for that sort of money you can buy a Brand new John Deere or Case etc!!!!!!There are no longer Zetors distributed in Australasia, and I would say this has a lot to do with things.It really is a shame, there was once a time in the
70s/early80s you could buy a 4wd Zetor with cab for the same price as a main stream brand cabless 2wd model, and at this time Zetor understandably had a sizeable share of the market!!!!

Hi Mike,

The pricing shift for Zetor expressed in your e-mail is exactly the same in Ireland. Today the numbers of new Zetors that I see are very, very few. The price advantage no longers exists. Twenty five years ago - late 1970's - the Crystals ruled the roost.

Today the dominant tractor for contractors is John Deere. Fendt is there but in small numbers due to very high cost. CNH also does well. MF are in terminal decline due to the decision to close Coventry, England and centralize production in Beauvais, France. Irish farmers were not impressed with the French built tractors -MF 5xx/6xx products? - the cabs in particular.

For the ordinary farmer, the brand with the biggest increase in market share is Valtra and it covers many market segments.

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

Hmm... You could also wait for the new low power range, from 60-90 hp coming next year. I have no details yet but they are based on the Forterra.

About price, they still are cheaper than comparable tractors with 3 step powershift, electropneumatic 4wd and diff lock, and so on.
About the Deere, i have heard many disappointing stories. (the new 20 series)
The new Forterra is a bullet proof design, no minor faults are left. You cant say that about most others.

Over here, Zetors market share is increasing the last year with the new Forterra. Many people switch brands now. The new Forterra is able to compete with the concurrents in every detail.

Hi Tom and Renze,
I think Zetor has a dillema on its hands now, for if its wants to grow and become profitable the company has to start shifting tractors in greater numbers like there heady days!
I love there new tractors but believe they are not competitively priced now, because come trade up time a new Deere,Holland or Case will retain eighty per cent of purchase price and the Zetor,
who knows, but in these times of falling returns one has to think of economics when buying new tractors!!In the 70/80s people bought Zetors for economic reasons, they were darn good value,
cheap, hence they are classed beside Belarus's down here,oopps
sorry to swear but a brand new 100hp Belarus with loader here costs 54000, thats a mere 27 Euro.Please find me a cheaper Forterra, maybe 30 euro,the cheques in the mail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait for the mid-2004 coming new range .

Young used UR3 tractors are very wanted in Holland, tractors with 2000-3500 hours, 2 to 4 years old, are exported back to Czechia. Our dealer said he rather sells them to Czechia than here in Holland, when they sel them to Czechia they wont hear again from that trader than when he picks up the new truckload in Holland. When they are sold to a local farmer, they always come back for some small thing covered by warranty.

About other brands having a bigger resale value, i doubt it. Our dealer was offered, a 20 year old 6011 for 6000 Euro. That's half the price it was sold new. You wont find any other brand with a 50% after 20 years resale value. Not even a Fendt.

By the way, if you have something new, you dont have to change it every 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back