• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

New to me 9520

wbenchfarms

Level 2
First name
wbenchfarms
Just added our 3rd Zetor to our fleet, a 9520. Was an auction find, we'll worth the money even if it needs some TLC. I need to go through the book, but seems to have trouble shifting through the 3 ranges. Can't get it out of low. Haven't found the torque multiplier that it is sup posed to have. Any suggestions on shifting?

Someone removed something in the air compressor line close to the mounting step. They just left the line open. Sounds like the compressor is engaged. Any ideals what was supposed to go between these 2 lines?

Just added our 3rd Zetor to our fleet, a 9520. but seems to have trouble shifting through the 3 ranges. Can't get it out of low. Haven't found the torque multiplier that it is sup posed to have. Any suggestions on shifting?

Someone removed something in the air compressor line close to the mounting step. They just left the line open. Sounds like the compressor is engaged. Any ideals what was supposed to go between these 2 lines?

I never had a tractor like this. But this series had the compressor running all the time and it would cut in and out according to the air been used. So under the steps there should be a valve and a tyre pump connection for a hose.

The torque lever was on the dash with 2 shifts, I don't know if it was air assisted or mechanical, But if it's stuck in LOW could have the same trouble as the pervious models and the torque pump needs replacing.

I heard if the torque pump is bad, it is quite a job to change, but pump isn't too expensive. I haven't had much chance to look this one over. I was also told that the PTO runs off the same pump, and my PTO is turning. Any one ever change a pump? Does it require a split, or is there a cover on the trans?

If your PTO is running all the time and it's stuck in low, sounds like the torque pump is gone.

Yes you need to spilt the tractor at the clutch, No there's no easier way to do it and then have to take off the bell housing so you'll need to put a jack under the gearbox, the torque pump is on the back of the bell housing in the front of front of the gearbox. It takes a bit of time but when you spilt it at the clutch you could stick in a new disc into it while it's open.

Had a chance to look into this tractor last night. Ended up having some good luck finally :cool:. Tractor was about 2 gallons low on hyd fluid. Filled it up, worked with the PTO switch and got it to shut off. That means the pump is good. Powershift lever still wouldn't move. Ended up pulling the floorboards up. Bumped on the shifter with a bar and a hammer. Finally got it to budge. Seems like the detent was stuck. Shifts all 3 ranges perfect now. Glad to have saved $400 and a lot of work. Thank you for all of the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back