• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

2018 forterra

tom_1

Level 2
First name
Tom 1
Just been to lamma show in England and got a leaflet on a revamped forterra range for 2018. So it says the hsx and hd will get a eco 40k transmission. Then more powerful brakes seat belts andsaftey sensor.more powerful heating and aircon. New dashboard with enhanced festures and color led panel.newly designed switches improved ergonomics. Then hsx gets the same suspension as the hd.sorry if thats long winded just reading what it says

Just been to lamma show in England and got a leaflet on a revamped forterra range for 2018. So it says the hsx and hd will get a eco 40k transmission. Then more powerful brakes seat belts andsaftey sensor.more powerful heating and aircon. New dashboard with enhanced festures and color led panel.newly designed switches improved ergonomics. Then hsx gets the same suspension as the hd.sorry if thats long winded just reading what it says

I bought a new 140 HSX in second half 2017 but the pictures of the new ones also shows more updates than mine and now they are giving them new changes but I have to say that while new my HSX is brilliant, people haven`t even notice I changed the tractor as looks so similar to the 10 year old Forterra I had.

I had a 12241 it was a 2008 year i liked it but it did have things id change on it. I think the new zetors the hds Crystals look nice tractors we had a crystal on demo it was very powerful and smooth on the road it had bad bits to.iv heard that sometime this year mayby summer the crystal was haveing the hd cab inside and that the cab would be upto six inches higher up witch it needs

I had a 12241 it was a 2008 year i liked it but it did have things id change on it. I think the new zetors the hds Crystals look nice tractors we had a crystal on demo it was very powerful and smooth on the road it had bad bits to.iv heard that sometime this year mayby summer the crystal was haveing the hd cab inside and that the cab would be upto six inches higher up witch it needs

Yes the Crystal is a very nice tractor from only person I know that drove one but yes they seem too basic inside for the price and what market it is focused at. And as my new HSX and every other one there is always things you like to see changed.

Was the bonnet very high and wide on the Crystal?

How much work have you done on your new tractor has it been good. The crystal did have a high and wide bonnet but im a big lad and could c fine and liked how it looked a lot but maybe thats why there lifting the cab tho id but the proxima spools in it then it would be nice. O and like you said every tractor has things to improve on.

I'm only getting going now working the tractor, it's been so wet this winter in Ireland, could do with a dry week for the ground to take the weight of the tractor. funny I like the hyd levers the way they are, I work a hedgecuttter and a silage wagon on it and don't use the their valve chest . my silage wagon needs all 3 levers so the forterra was great

O and like you said every tractor has things to improve on.

What improvement would you like to see on Crystal other than the bonnet and spool levers? What do you think of the steps on the right side?

Well id keep the bonnet it is big but nice looking the spools work well but just look 20 years out of date and the gear leaver floor mounted works well but would it be to hard to make it like a case 135 inside but i can cope with most of that. The steps are ok cus you dont use them much. The breaks are bad and have a lot of wind up so i disconnected the front breaks to stop it banging each time you used them the 4x4 wind as if it wasnt geared right o and the right hand side of the cab is to low for me .But it was so smooth over bumps powerful and nice to drive good in muck but if they change what they say there changing most of the problems should be sorted. Just hope they dont put the price up as its high enough.

But it was so smooth over bumps powerful and nice to drive good in muck but if they change what they say there changing most of the problems should be sorted. Just hope they dont put the price up as its high enough.

Two years ago at the launch of the Crystal in Ireland, my wife over heard the top salesman say to a man that the price in Ireland was E 92,000 for them and they had sold one to a contractor in county Waterford.
Did they give you a price?

Yes the demo tractor was more to by than a new one cus they had a special offer on them the 160 was 56000 pounds 150 55000.i couldn't tell you what the demo was but we said to get one out to a big contractor they could leave it with us for 45000 for the demo and he said the demo stood him at more than a new one even tho it had 300 hours on. Couldn't tell you the price today bet its 70000

Yes the demo tractor was more to by than a new one cus they had a special offer on them the 160 was 56000 pounds 150 55000.i couldn't tell you what the demo was but we said to get one out to a big contractor they could leave it with us for 45000 for the demo and he said the demo stood him at more than a new one even tho it had 300 hours on. Couldn't tell you the price today bet its 70000

I was wondering too how much would a 150HD cost compared to 150 Crystal? they had 130 HD for at the same price as 140HSX

I couldn't tell you new price but Tunstall tractors have a 150 with front pto links and i think everything it looks nice with 50 hours on so as new they want 51000 pound. The problem is that even tho i would love one iv just had a price on a new case maxxum 150 that boosts to 175 if you like that sort of thing but a low spec 16 speed 40kph cab suspension 6 cylinders 55200 i like that case will build a low spec or a very high spec tractor not all companies do that in this size range

I couldn't tell you new price but Tunstall tractors have a 150 with front pto links and i think everything it looks nice with 50 hours on so as new they want 51000 pound. The problem is that even tho i would love one iv just had a price on a new case maxxum 150 that boosts to 175 if you like that sort of thing but a low spec 16 speed 40kph cab suspension 6 cylinders 55200 i like that case will build a low spec or a very high spec tractor not all companies do that in this size range

Now see this the nub of the problem, for modern "want to be Zetor farmer" price. and what you can also buy at the same money as a Zetor from CNH or SDF or lots more. nowadays you need to be a hardcore Zetor fan to stay loyal to the brand.

I agree with that and it is a shame there pushing the price up all the time but most other brands are to so .lets hope zetor keep the price a bit below most other brands for a bit longer

It seems so long ago now since they had all those offers in the 90s when they giving 6000 quid off the price of a new tractor, so my father took advantage of the offers and bought 2 new tractors in the one year, I wouldn`t be able to follow him and buy two new ones nowadays unless I win the lottery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back