• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 9520 3rd gear not engaging

elhiggoo

Level 2
First name
ElHiggoo
Hi all,
I've a 9520 here that runs absolutely perfect in every way except for that it won't shift into third gear unless I am freewheeling at speed downhill at low revs. The gearstick clicks into position but when I let the clutch up it either does nothing, grinds slightly or grinds hard against the drive, any clues on what's happening? Worn or broken shift fork? Worn gear stick? Had someone suggest a rusty shifting rail/rod aswell?
Thanks

I know its late, may be you have this problem sorted, if so could you post the answer, if not have a look at the video in this post.

Hi, this may explain why you don't get a gear, he mentions all the wear points and what the results of wear will be.
https://youtu.be/MXsRfbOiBhE
May not neccessary be the exact same type of synchro or indeed your tractor may not even have synchromesh gears, but a lot of
the points may still explain why gears do not engage, grind etc.

Others will come along with more knowledge, either way I hope you get sorted, better to fix it than let any further damage occur.

Regards, J

Hi there,
I've still not fixed it, but I have come to the conclusion that it is the syncromesh gear for third year that is the problem through trial and error, without pressing the clutch, if you gently push the gear stick into any of the gears the tractor will start to roll as the syncromesh gear is engaged gently, but for the third gear when I try it the tractor does not roll at all and goes straight to grinding the gears. So in conclusion I'm assuming the syncromesh gear is worn smooth and won't bring the third gear up to the same speed of the engine required. Problem now is that it's a costly job to get the transmission out and replace the syncro along the shaft :(

Hi

It could be an easy fix - If you're lucky !
The selector forks are held onto the rails with a bolt. They have a habit of coming loose so you don@t get full movement at the synchro hub. Whip the top off and have a look.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back