• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Strangest Thing on the Farm

big_orn

Level 2
First name
Big Orn
Just wondering what ya'll's most strangest incident that has ever happen to you on the farm.
I was taking a walk one day with my dog's back behind the house. There is a fairly large creek that runs behind the house and is surrounded by large forest in some parts and thick brush in others. On this day I did not have my gun (as I usually do) and came up on about 15 wild hogs. They were rooting beneath the brow of a hill and I did not see them until I was right up on them. We both were startled. I instinctively reached for my pistol and realized that I had not worn it. I then sicced the dogs on them, which they both immediately tore out after them, But just as soon as the biggest sow saw the dogs she ran after them. The dogs turned tail and ran right for me with the sow right behind them. Luckily there was a tree with low limbs close by that I climbed:eek:. About 15 minutes later, after the dogs were long gone, the sow grunted (I guess she was the herd boss) and the others followed her back into the bottoms. Funny now, but then it was quite scarey.

and the morral of this story was always be armed and dangerous when walking or get bigger dogs

Wild hogs can be a real pain on the crops and can be very dangerous especially a sow protecting pigs. A lady turned out a herd of Pot Bellied pigs not to far from me and they created all sorts of havoc. |Black Bears here have become pretty used to humans it can be a little startling to hear something turn around and there be a bear standing behind you, they're also murder on the sweet corn.

Here, 50km south of Auckland, there are herds of wild dear running over the paddocks and in the woods. I can't shoot them because I have only a puny 4-10 for the rabbits and the possums, but my neighbour always shoots one for his freezer. Yammi, ragout.

Strange thing on this grassland farm is no grass ??? come on growth time for you to start please :)

I think I saw it today for about 40 seconds on the top of a hill away in the distance

i think the weather man said tonight that orange thing is suppose to make it's appearance tomorrow

We will wait and see, not starting off like there's any chance yet.

hoho did you see the sun it was out for about an hour today
i threw off my jumper but quickly had to go find it again

Don't be throwing off your jumper yet, wait till it's about 14c less than that it's a bit to cool to be running around in the nip :)

Don't be throwing off your jumper yet, wait till it's about 14c less than that it's a bit to cool to be running around in the nip :)

in the nip aw hold on now all i said was i took off my jumper i still have more clothes on under that :)

why are you going to be driving around stripping for me ? :( :) if the sun comes out ?

in the nip aw hold on now all i said was i took off my jumper i still have more clothes on under that :)

why are you going to be driving around stripping for me ? :( :) if the sun comes out ?

Ya big sun worshiper here soon as it's warm enough I be out in shorts and muscle shirt.

ha look at you in your shorts and t shirt freezing in the rain today
i have my jumper well on today and a coat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back