• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Looking at Zetors

huzey68

Level 2
First name
Huzey
Hi all.
My first post on here so thought I would say hi.:D
I am looking for a replacement tractor for my poor old fordson major and have been looking at zetors. I have a small veg growing project on the go and am looking for a tractor that is around the 50 - 70 horse power mark to run a howard rotovator and a few other bits and pieces.
I have been looking at 6718's as they seem to be around the size I am after. I just wondered if any one has any experience of running a howard rotovator behind one.
They seem to be good value for money, but the one thing I keep hearing about is the brake system seems to be a weak point. Is it the fact that they are hydraulicly operated and it is the master cylinderthat fails a lot or is it due to the actual brake pads/discs/shoes depending on wether they are drums or discs that let them down?
I look forward to any advice and comments.
Many thanks in advance.
Huzey.

Master cylinder issues were a problem on the 12 series, 5211 to 7745.
The dry drum brakes arent the best for heavy road transport, but in your application you'll be statisfied.

I've ran a 6718 on a 2.30 Kuhn rotavator. I found plenty of low end speeds for rotavating.

as i have been told the ld PAL masters and slaves were not up to much cop. but nw days they are produced by fragokov and are much better i have them fitted to my 3545 and almost 3 years now and no problems (touch wood).

matthew

Thanks Mathew.
Off to look at a Zetor 6718 next week, so will have a look and see what cylinders etc are fitted to it.
Huzey

Hi, my general experience (and we have a super major and three zetors) is that you will be impressed with the zetor on the pto over the major - and in many other ways too, the gearing is so much better suited and i'm sure youi'll find it'll out do the old ford hands down ;).

Hi, my general experience (and we have a super major and three zetors) is that you will be impressed with the zetor on the pto over the major - and in many other ways too, the gearing is so much better suited and i'm sure youi'll find it'll out do the old ford hands down ;).

Thanks Alex.
I'm quite looking forward to getting involved with Zetors, and I used to work for a New Holland dealer :eek: :D
Huzey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back