• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

is zetor a good tractor to buy?

timberman

Level 2
First name
barry
Hello Zetor owners
I am wondering about a 120145 that is for sale. Are they a good strong tractors? This one has only done 1200h and looks in good order with a front end loader and it seems a fair price..
Will the front axle take a 1000-1500kg load on the loader?
How about parts I imagine there would not be many others in Australia?
I would use it for snigging logs -loading logs and timber in a sawmill and also farm work.
Happy newyear to everyone
regards
barry

Hi Barry,

Sounds like you have a find - with only 1200 hours on it, the tractor is barely broken in! If the hours are genuine, the tractor should be in very good condition.

You get a lot of tractor for your money. Parts are cheap and readily available (in Europe anyway). These tractors are well engineered and wont break the bank when something needs replacing.

I'm not sure about lifting 1500kg on the front loader. What are you lifting?

My recommendation is to buy it.

Happy tractoring!
[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

six pot Crystals are lightweight, but very tough.
I couldn't find the front axle load rating for the 12045 in my "database", but i think they will handle an extra 1000-1500 kg with ease, as the standard front axle load on an unloaded tractor, is about 2000 kg.
The later 18345 could bear 4300 kg, but has a different front axle.

Hi zetor owners
thanks for the help i'll have a test drive of it.
It has a great loader- near new- worth A$18000 with a joystick control and round bale clamp on it. The asking price is 33000.
If I get it it would be used for loading logs into the sawmill -sawn timber onto trucks- pulling logs in as well as farm work on cattle farm.
regards barry

Hey Barry,

Aus$33,000 = EUR20,000 approx.

The tractor is a Zetor Crystal 12045. How old is it?

This price seems high to me. Is this the way things are in Australia or does anyone else have a comment?

Lifting logs is heavy work. Not knowing the size of the logs or the type of timber makes it difciult to asses suitability. Would it be possible to arrange a test drive?

Hay bales would be OK but silage bales may be a problem especially if you have a hydraulic bale clamp..problem due to weight of hydraulic bale clamp plus weight of load.

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]
[quotepost=4]

Hey Tom
Yes tractors are more expensive here. A JD or Case of the same age would be twice that .
When was the 12045 made and brought to Aus -89-92?
I have got bigger loaders for jobs a tractor like this wont handle.
(a cat teleloader that came secondhand from the UK because of the price difference)
I'll try the tractor out in the new year as nothing happens here over the Christmas new year period
Happy new year everyone
barry

Barry,

The 12045 was made from 1974-1989.
So, the 12045 will be used mainly for dragging logs out of the woods, loading them and also for smaller jobs around the timber yard ??

Hello Barry
where are you in australia to find a zetor , I've been there, 5 months for training period and didn't found one only zetor, and y went all around australia, farmers didn't even knew about it.
It seems me a good tractor, and price with front end loader not to bad, but I hope for you that you will find parts when you need them, because parts always brake down when you need the tractor.
good luck, with a blody good tractor !!
Hello Zetor owners
I am wondering about a 120145 that is for sale. Are they a good strong tractors? This one has only done 1200h and looks in good order with a front end loader and it seems a fair price..
Will the front axle take a 1000-1500kg load on the loader?
How about parts I imagine there would not be many others in Australia?
I would use it for snigging logs -loading logs and timber in a sawmill and also farm work.
Happy newyear to everyone
regards
barry

[/ -- End of Quote -- ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back