• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Buying a used tractor

E

Earl

Hi All

I had been looking at a used Zeter 7745 and a 9540. Both have hydralic problems that are going to be reparted by the dealer. What kind of advice and or history can you give me on these two models.

Earl

The 7745 has master brake&clutch cylinder problems, they are of bad quality. the genuine replacement parts from the dealer are of improved quality, freeing you of all trouble. Do not go for the new insides, because they dont solve the problem. (is soft housing steel)
The water pump might blow too. Replacing all weaknesses of the 7745 will cost you 300 Euro, but you better wait till something goes.

About the 9540, They had electronical problems on the first verions, some minor faults. I would prefer the mechanical Zetormatic hitch over the Bosch EHR, especially on older tractors. Hitch computers are main troublecausers on all modern tractors.

The 9540 is approx 25% larger than the 7745 and a good 20hp more than a non turbo 7745 with oil immersed brakes on rear wheels and a front propshaft brake,torque multiplyer. I would suggest you try both to see which one suits your needs best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back