• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Banter - just for fun

Talking about loosing stuff, I saw a lorry drop a round bale of straw on the motorway and didn't even stop, luckily it fell into the slow lane and burst open and it's still there.
I'm surprised no ones ever stopped to pick it up:)

talking the motorway if your heading southbound m7 @ kildare look up at the village shop someone lost a bale and it's up on the inside of boundary fence no way of lifting it out

OH OH that's funny because there is another bale up at Naas too.

I was only thinking lately that you don't find things on the side of the road now like you did one time, I remember once upon a time finding turf, briquettes, pallets, lumps of polls that fell off trucks.
now all you see is fly tippers dumping rubbish and tyres

i remember feeding sheep from all the beet we collected off the road when ever we be out in the car my father would stop and shout for one of us kids to run back to pick up and throw in the boot at every crossroads insurance now has stopped that if i came across tyres i'd pick them up for the silage

I say your right on insurance. My mother was great for doing the same only she watched out for wood and glass bottle that there was 5p on, to return to a shop.

ha ha those were the days 7up and lucozade glass bottles picking them up out of ditches for 8p mega stars in the making we were .

i take it DIY we are in the same age group so that horrible 40-50 market .
i have to say DIY your great craic .

i'm nearly finnish the repairs but i won't be leaving this forum i enjoy the banter and maybe i will inspire more tractor ladies and gents to talk here again

i take it DIY we are in the same age group so that horrible 40-50 market .
i have to say DIY your great craic .

i'm nearly finnish the repairs but i won't be leaving this forum i enjoy the banter and maybe i will inspire more tractor ladies and gents to talk here again

Yes the terrible two's, sure stay on the forum be craic ok, it feels like its the DIY show here lately so many people seem to like get their information and be gone till the next time something breaks, don't even tell us how they're repair went. I see you are on here mostly in the morning, I'm more of a night owl but I'll be away whenever it's silage time.

[/ -- End of Quote -- ]

Yes the terrible two's, sure stay on the forum be craic ok, it feels like its the DIY show here lately so many people seem to like get their information and be gone till the next time something breaks, don't even tell us how they're repair went. I see you are on here mostly in the morning, I'm more of a night owl but I'll be away whenever it's silage time.
[/ -- End of Quote -- ]

i'm on in the mornings because the kids are gone school and himself is out working and i have the computer is free usually at night it's family unless i have to look up something.

well i won't be in competition to you but i will give you my bit of info

did you ever got seriously stuck ? where you had to be rescued

Oh ya a few times, but one of the worst times was when I was spreading muck and I drove across where there was a round feeder before on stubbles. and as I was turning both back wheels of the tractor sunk to the axles and the wheels of the spreader too, I tried to reverse but I was going no where.

I had to unhitch the muck spreader where it was, even that was a job itself, then pulled out the tractor then turned the tractor around plus used the other tractor lifted the drawbar with his loader and I pushed it with my tractor.

Left massive massive tracks on the field for the plough man cope with.
You got stuck too?

i got stuck once when i only had a 2wd 7211 was loading dung and the heap was on concrete yard but in the dark made a boo boo left the front wheels go over the edge at the back and went down easy 2feet and no way would she come back

i got stuck once when i only had a 2wd 7211 was loading dung and the heap was on concrete yard but in the dark made a boo boo left the front wheels go over the edge at the back and went down easy 2feet and no way would she come back

You didn't try using the loader to push yourself back or try lifting the front either.

i'm on in the mornings because the kids are gone school and himself is out working and i have the computer is free usually at night it's family unless i have to look up something
[/ -- End of Quote -- ]

Is himself your ever patient helper you had working with you doing repairs?

You didn't try using the loader to push yourself back or try lifting the front either.

only had a single acting loader at the time

my helper is him indoors not from farming background but keen to learn good at driving the tractors ok likes making silage but not feeding it

my helper likes making silage but not feeding it
[/ -- End of Quote -- ]

Doesn't like feeding silage is that because doesn't like been out in the cold winter weather or it's the smell of silage that the city slicker would make him hurle.

it's the smell but i wouldn't call him a city slicker more fish out of water but good few years under the belt now

i saw a woman driving a big tractor today with a 6 sod reversable plough and i thought fair play to her

The tillage people are starting to plough hard now, late this year only spring barley been sown now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back