• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7340 turbo: a few doubts/requests

jcataclism

Level 1
First name
JCataclism

Machinery:
Zetor 7340 Turbo 4x4
Hello, everybody!
Despite the HUGE amount of useful information here, I still have a few doubts and "thoughts" I havent been able to elucidate here.

I dont know how many users here have ownership or access to 7340 models.

I have a 7340 turbo here, in the very south of Brazil, since 2013. Its a 1997 model, which was brought by a very good local manufacturer/dealer (Agrale S.A.) back then, most likely as some kind of joint-venture, so to develop further technology based on imported machinery. As far as I know, only three units of 7340 came to Brazil. So, I dont even bother anymore to ask for mechanical help /suggestions around, whether they are personally or on-line: whenever a mechanic or farmer sees the machine, is always a surprise about everything they see. ;)

So, lets see if someone around here could help to clarify some details:

-Does the 7340 turbo model accepts an additional INTERCOOLER on the turbo system?

-Does it "naturally" accepts a frontal hydraulic installation, as Ive seen in some videos online, or it requires a bunch of contraptions and adaptations?

-Has anybody around actually USED the air compressor its got installed? Because, in all of these past years, I havent been able to manage how it works (I suspect the former owners have broken it...) - though Ive seen an online copy of the users manual AND a few related videos.

Thank you VERY MIUCH for any information provided!
Cheers!

P.S.: Ive broken the air intake/admission (from the turbine to the engine) and, MAN!, it has been a pain in the**** to try and rebuild that part....

Does it "naturally" accepts a frontal hydraulic installation, as Ive seen in some videos online, or it requires a bunch of contraptions and adaptations?

-Has anybody around actually USED the air compressor its got installed? Because, in all of these past years, I havent been able to manage how it works (I suspect the former owners have broken it...) - though Ive seen an online copy of the users manual AND a few related videos.

I had a 7340 in the past. Your question about front hydraulics, do you mean front 3 point linkage? or a loader?

To work the compressor on them models you have to lift the small lever and push in the other lever to make compressor to work.

I had a 7340 in the past. Your question about front hydraulics, do you mean front 3 point linkage? or a loader?

To work the compressor on them models you have to lift the small lever and push in the other lever to make compressor to work.

Hello.

Oh, my apologies, regarding the front, I was indeed talking about a smaller version of a 3 point, despite Ive seen some loaders (and they could be of use too, but theyre not exactly what Id prefer).

And thank you for the answer regarding the compressor, as well. Now Im pretty sure the previous owners must have damaged it on mine. :(

Why do you want an inter cooler? They have plenty of HP normally. You need to let a little air out of the tank to get the air system to pump if its up to full pressure and you need the seal in the fitting which screws onto the pressure valve, to push the valve in and let air out.

Why do you want an inter cooler? They have plenty of HP normally.

They have indeed! I just realized could force much less the engine while using big rear plows deeping into a not so soft soil. I use it on a very uneven land, and such differences do not seem to be good for the engines full throttle.

You need to let a little air out of the tank to get the air system to pump if its up to full pressure and you need the seal in the fitting which screws onto the pressure valve, to push the valve in and let air out.

Got the idea. Will try again with a different attachment, now.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back