• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news Zetor global, Indian partner

Zetor introduced the Zetor global range last year, for the non-regulated markets of Africa and Asia.

I had an hour to spend, so i went googling:

Zetor Global 1045 - 1075 range:

1692624740724.png

Somehow, a 45 and 55 model, and a 60 and 65 model having the same torque output -and- backup percentage but a different horsepower rating, means that the leaflet data is incorrect.

There is only one or two manufacturers in India that use a 5 bolt front hub: And one of them using a Simpson engine, Perkins license, which this one has not. Sonalika also has 5 bolt front hubs, offers an 8/2 gearbox for the models up to 65hp and a 12/12 gearbox for the 75hp turbo model.

Since we already discovered a fault in the leaflet regarding the engine torque and torque backup, i guess the bore and stroke is also different: Sonalika offers a 100x118 bore and stroke four cylinder with 3.7 liter displacement and a 102x118 three cylinder with a displacement of 2.9 liter.

So,

Zetor 1045/1055 is a Sonalika DI-50RX

Zetor 1060/1065 us a Sonalika DI-60RX

Zetor 1075 is a Sonalika DI-75RX

The old HMT factory (Zetor assembly plant, and later building them fully in India on Zetor license) is closed since a year, because the management failed to set course. (state owned company, the management got payd anyway even if HMT tractor division operated at a loss for more than 10 years)

I understand that Zetor isnt eager to pick up a failed business in a foreign country because they have a lot to do in their own house still, but on the other hand: You dont have to pay for the goodwill when buying a failed business, whilst there is a lot of goodwill to Zetors very own namein India. Sonalika will never agree to be competed with in the Indian market, while it is the biggest tractor market in the world.... If HTC can save a few pennies, i would concider starting their own manufacturing facility in India, just like MF, Deere, New Holland, Same Deutz Fahr, especially because discontinued Zetor models are still very popular in India.

I think the old Major 3320-5340 could be sold right away in India, with the 102x110mm bore and stroke. Then the Czech built Antar models with strengthened Proxima rear end can be sold at 80hp and beyond with the 4.1 liter 8 valve UR3 motor, instead of the 102x120mm 7711 engine.

For the 42 and 52hp three cylinder, the old 3011/4712 transmission should be brought back to life. (4712 transmission has the 3011 gear wheels, longer main shafts, and a stronger rear axle, and was discontinued at the introduction of the 5011 i think) For and 60 and 70hp 4 cylinder the 5320 rear end meets the demands of this market segment.

Since 3011, 4712 and 5911 based models have been already produced in india, i assume it would require only minimal changes to the factory tooling.

UR1 components from India would probably also be of interest to the Russian market...

Zetor 1075 is a Sonalika DI-75RX
http://international.sonalika.com/portfolio_page/worldtrac-254wd/

I have seen those Solis 75 and 90 in Ireland, they are distributed by the Landini network

Users who are viewing this thread

Back