• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news HCP Norge admits Zetor has no priority

HCP Norge, the Zetor importer of Norway, which has taken on Deutz Fahr and is pushing them over Zetor to their dealers, has finally spoken straight out what they have been doing for 10 years: They will no longer prioritize Zetor.

This changes nothing for customers, as HCP has asked people who asked for Zetor, if they wouldnt rather buy a Deutz from their inventory instead, for years.

Off course it is understandable that they took on Deutz Fahr because it takes the same marketing expense to promote a brand, but DF gives more revenue because DF has a full line of tractors and Zetor not.... But this is more like a wakeup call for Zetor that they need to get their act together: Make the 6 cylinder dealers want, and find a new importer because the current one has rendered useless.

I phoned lasst days with an ex-Zetor dealer (now Same, Deutz) and he says, if Zetor realy brings the new Forterra with Deutz/ZF, then they think about coming back to Zetor. But also a point will be the price for new Forterra that no one knows at this time.

So I realy think, there ist some potential with the new series, if Zetor doesnt sucks in quality with the first release and offers a good support.

, then they think about coming back to Zetor .
Thinking, or doing, are two different things. In the end, everybody has a business to run, and the supplier with the best business opportunities wins. Will people really give up what they have, to go back to what is unproven, out of brand loyalty ?

Let us discus again about in around 10 months - all others is a look in a glass bullet.
But Ok, iam also more a optimist with a little bit hang to realist, but most time not a pessimist. :D :p ;)

And nobody says give some things up - most dealers sells more then one brand and when you can have synergies with same motors, known gearboxes and a better price...

But Ok, iam also more a optimist with a little bit hang to realist, but most time not a pessimist. :D :p ;)
I think i am a realist too... trust comes by foot and leaves by train. And Zetor has been disappointing trust for 15 years now. They really have to work hard to earn that trust back. And i am worried if the Zetor organisation can make this big of a change in one or two years, especially when you see how long it took them to wake up and face things. You just dont change corporate DNA overnight. It really takes a different kind of leadership.

Anyways, let them prove it... Everybody at Zetor knows its impossible, but maybe a new guy comes around, who didnt know it was impossible, and just does it 😉

And nobody says give some things up - most dealers sells more then one brand and when you can have synergies with same motors, known gearboxes and a better price...
The reality is, that major brands demand exclusivity from their dealers. They dont want you to offer a competitive product from another brand. So yes: Claas or John Deere will not keep you as a dealer if you go back to Zetor. Only large dealers who are succesful with both brands, can resist pressure from either side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back