• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news Zetor design concept by Pininfarina, on Agritechnica

1692624898237.png

Zetor finally got it: A manager manages processes. an engineer focuses on a small part of the technology, and a designer connects the technology with the user, and oversees and negotiates their boundaries with the engineers. With small processes an engineer can maintain this connection, but the bigger the process and the more subassembly workgroups, the more need there is for a person that makes these meet, without taking on too much burden of every detail of the engineering itself. Product designer is an essential and unique trade, and the Italians excel at it, more than any other country ! (they dont allways excel at engineering because their car designers overrule the engineers, creating designer cars that arent reliable and are a servicemans nightmare, but tractor is Zetor and Italia is design !! ;) )

Another design concept.... not another cab interior ?

My thoughts exactly,the tractors are already good lookin machines on the outside so let's hope they match the external looks with what's really needed in the cab

The cab and the roof look almost the same as on the Maxterra, also the rearmudguards look quite similair. But the enginehood, no I really don't like it, I think they should make a mix from the hood of a Crystal and a Forterra (HD)

The cab and the roof look almost the same as on the Maxterra, also the rearmudguards look quite similair. But the enginehood, no I really don't like it, I think they should make a mix from the hood of a Crystal and a Forterra (HD)

The purpose of a design concept, is to get the tongues going: Just see the Geneva auto show, the craziest hand made designs are proposed there, with no regard for producability. It gives designers a chance to experiment with new methods and shapes, and to test how customers respond to that. Then with this feedback, they get on and make a more realistic, producable design that sees serial production. Just like the Fendt Trisix. It was developed as a test frame for the 900 series independent suspension front axle, and applied three of those front axles. The feedback Fendt got on it (19 ton was waaay too heavy, visibility on rear implements was crap) Fendt was encouraged to develop the 1050, thereby getting a tire manufacturer to develop the tallest tractor tire in the world especially for their 1050.
And for Zetor , getting involved with Pininfarina gets them attention from the market, as much as any marketing campain will give them, but the added value is the experience you learn from this study, which an ordinary advertising campaign doesnt give...

The hood indeed looks a bit Same, though Giugiaro is the house stylist of SLH group. Lets wait and see what it looks in broad daylight before we define our opinion, but indeed, the Crystal hood design really sets it apart from the others in style, it has character. Nonetheless, the process approach and design methods are what Italians know best, and an old skool heavy engineering firm like Zetor, can learn a great deal from being involved in a process with a fancy Italian design house, yet keep their pragmatic, service friendly mindset and not get carried away by setting design features above all, like Italian carmakers do ;)

I mean, the European transport equipment producers can learn a great deal about frameless unibody aluminium trailers from America, but when adopting those American construction methods, doesnt mean we have to go 30 years back in time and also use their Hendrickson suspension... The art is to integrate the best features of both worlds ;)

As a remark: When digitally enhance the light and contrast of this picture, its clear that this is just an artists impression, not an actual photo of a prototype. Anyways, have the Italians design a nice cab interior whilst having them have a say in the total design integration. That would give a good advance of the Zetor cab into the current century, because the current Forterra cab still breathes the atmosphere of the 90's...

I have just one thing to add to my previous statement, which is a quote of Steve Jobs:

"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works"

He's damn right, but as his Apple products were as reliable as Italian cars, from an engineers point of view i'd say he had crappy designs... :D :D (maybe artists or managers, with their angle of approach, have a different conception :p )

https://www.facebook.com/profiinternational/photos/a.306655989457216.67879.225710670885082/768331099956367/?type=3&theater

Profi is showing a picture on their Facebook page about the new Zetor design study, all covered in wrap.

All i see is Trelleborg tires instead of Mitas.. But its a real thing, not just an artists sketch :) My guess is this is the Crystal 2.0 as rumored by forum users as well as Zetor UK.... It has the Crystal wheelbase, just a better position of the cab :)

Now hope it has a 180hp model with their DSG gearbox, so they can stop the brain drain of bigger dealers in the West that are forced to choose between Zetor or their other brand of dealership. Only that 180hp DSG model can make it worthwhile for a bigger, experienced dealer to keep Zetor and loose their other brand because most brands demand exclusivity from their dealers.

The dealers Zetor needs in the West to provide reliable and knowledgeable service, are the ones that have a choice between Zetor and their other brand of tractor franchise... Those dealers that are too small or inactive to get a franchise offer by the big brands, are not the links which Zetor can hold their network together with...

It doesn't look long enough to be the crystal 2,although pictures can be hard to get scale of tractor from,perhaps a 50km box,hence switch from mitas to trelleborgs

I think nowadays Trelleborg is rated a B brand and Mitas an A brand...

I walked by the stand today after finishing the stand of my employer. They show a non-designated baby tractor (traditionally it should be called Minor, alike the 2011) on 16 inch front tires and 24 or 28 inch rears which undoubtedly has a Carraro rear end and a Koja cab.

They showed Major 80, Proxima Power 120, Crystal 160 and forterra, all with red wheels which looks great.

Furthermore an extension to the Major range with higher power and a 24/12 gearbox, the announcing of a Zetor three cylinder engine

U should tell that to the guys that have tried mitas tyres and only gettin 2500-3000hrs out of them that r switching back to Trelleborgs that were doing 6000-8000hrs out of them at the same work,call me old fashioned but I hope they switch back to the Zetor engine across the board,from 3-6cyl because then they would be one of the few manufactures that would be independent,and you would be getting exactly what's on the bonnet,....Zetor,not a mis-mash of everything

I think you are confusing Barum with Mitas. Claas is putting all its harvesters on Mitas off factory, not on Michelin. They wouldnt put inferior tires on their half a million dollar harvesters...

No definitely not,they were mitas,John Deere are using mitas on their combines and silage harvesters too,don't think these companies r thinkin they're better rubber just every 1 saved is better for their bottom line and I can only imagine on a set of harvester tyres that saving could be in excess of 3000

Argo Agco Claas and JD had no issues when Mitas dropped the name Continental in favour of their own, for factory fit tires...

I know I'll be accused of being negative and having a rant,but why don't they just buy a tractor from the SDF group altogether and re-badge it,they have their engines,probably a zf backend and now their styling,time they either man up do their own thing or just sell out to the highest bidder

I know I'll be accused of being negative and having a rant,but why don't they just buy a tractor from the SDF group altogether and re-badge it,they have their engines,probably a zf backend and now their styling,time they either man up do their own thing or just sell out to the highest bidder

Well, Claas is doing that already... rebadge a Same Virtus. just tell me whos entirely building its own tractor nowadays ? Even Deere is using CNH engines in some models...

Seems like Belarus is building most of the tractor themself?

When you look at Belarus,and they say they are one of the worlds biggest tractor manufacturer, I can not understant why it not was possible to further development on the Zts tractors.

Seems like Belarus is building most of the tractor themself?

When you look at Belarus,and they say they are one of the worlds biggest tractor manufacturer, I can not understant why it not was possible to further development on the Zts tractors.

Belarus sells tractors for a different market, with no emission legislation and low demands. When demands get higher, they use Carraro front axles, engines from Deere, Perkins and Detroit Diesel, and here in the Netherlands, they are only sold with leak-free Mita hydraulics from Italy because the Dutch customer wont accept eternal oil seepage.

So, as it turns out, Belarus is going down the same route as Zetor , with the models intended for the same markets as Zetor. They even use the same component suppliers (Carraro, Mita, Bosch)

About ZTS tractors: The big problem of the 16045 was that its rear axle was too light for the power. It had the same axle rating as the 8011, which had the same axle rating as the current Forterra, which is 5500kg. Later ZTS models got a 6500kg axle rating, but the design was poor and they were notorious for halfshaft breakage. The design was based on production technology from the 1960's, where as modern designs, designed to be made on CNC machinery, can be produced much more efficiently: In Holland the last sold 8245 were as expensive as a 10641, why on earth would you want to go back to a design that was initiated 50 years ago, and would cost as much as a modern semipowershift transmission and a rear axle capable of handling todays increased loads ??

Really, the UR2 design is full of choices made with 1960's production technology in mind, which are deeply embedded in the design, driving up the cost till the point that nobody wants to pay the production cost, let alone some profit for the manufacturer and its dealers....

Short said, the UR2 is a dynosaur. Its long overdue. If you have to pull them up to an acceptable level, from the 1980s era when they started to become outdated, till a modern day tractor, its cheaper to start all over from scratch.

Have you ever tried transforming a farm house which isnt updated since the 1960's, into a state of the art appartment with solar power, central vacuum cleaning system, central heating, airconditioning, cable TV in every room, etcetera ?? Then you know it would be a foolish attempt, you'd have to settle for less and respect the age of the house, or break it down and start with an entirely new house with all these modern appliances incorporated into the basic design.

I edited your post to make the weblink work==

Yes that was the Innotrac. This new design concept will take place next to it in the museum... :p

Dont know what everyone else thinks, but i think the Crystal looks better than this Pininfarina... However, the photos of this Pininfarina Zetor are shared, even among my colleagues which are Fendt, Deutz and Case minded people... Even when its design is not realistic, it does draw attention... :)

Even the Grassmen from UK (check youtube) took pictures of the tractor (and the round breasted woman beside it :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back