• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Valmet 6400 is it worth buying?

wolf4m

Level 2
First name
Mikael Brennan
Hello and sorry I know that this has nothing to do with Zetor ..
but i was wandering if any one knows how the Valmet 6400 series has woket out..? is it a good tractor?
Im thinking about buying one.
Also in news from Iceland,we have no zetors lef,,,, :( some polish guys came to Iceland and bougth all the old and the newer Zetors ans shippet them to Poland!

Hello .
I think that valmet is a good tractor but it is not the same
qualiti as The old volvotractos .
I have a lot of neibers who drives Valmet but everyone of them have great problems whith the fourwheelsdrive.
Iam sorry for my bad english but i hope you can understand it.

Lennart Svensson

also here in norway some polish and bosniers buy all old zetors and thake them too east europe.

Hi again and thanks for the replie.
But what is it about the Valmets 4wd that wrong??
Im interestid in buying the 6400 series somerwhere betweene 1996-1999.

Also more on the zetor topic: The icelandic dealer refuses to inport and sell the new zetor, I have wrote them about this and they say that the new Zetor costs as much as a new New holland

send a mail to zetor factory and tell that the dealer not will sell you zetor.

here is the adress:zetor@zetor.cz

i agree with per olav if you contact zetor saying that your dealer wont sell you a zetor.

they will get a right bollock in!;)

if they wont sell u a zetor why be a dealer

There was review in "Classic Tractor" magazine of the 6400 which gave it the thumbs up. Lack of electronics and basic sound construction.

I can't comment on the alleged 4WD problems as I haven't come across this.

The export trade in old tractors makes it difficult for the rest of us who want to source parts for our older tractors. It is a pan European problem now.

I was told that the front axel on the Valmet 6400 was to close to the center of the tractor so if you have a front loader with some weigth on them the tractor starts to lift its rear upp... and i was told the transmission wasent wery good and that the tractor used more oil becose of that?? does any body have any experiense with these tractors??

ps. Im the guy that startid this topic just made a new profile cus iforgot the pasword on the old one =(

And when I say oil I mean fuel (disel)
I was told to buy rather the Valmet 900 series about 2000 model but it has a lot of electric systems and a computer I think????

Valmet 6400 is one of the best valmet models ever made i think. (if we dont count models 8300, 8600, 8800 but those are actually MF 3600 series based tractors ;))

Anyway, if you mount front loader or 3 point hitch to front you need model with "industrial type" front axle. Standard axle is too weak....

About gearbox, if it has 3 step powershift, it loose much power. And if it has turbine in clutch, it loose some power too. Anyway, valmet engines are not the most economical and powerfull engines anyway.....

Its middle part of frame (wich is fuel tank too) is weak part when using it for hard work. It is not strong enought if you have equipments that bends your tractor continuously (front mounted plough, log grane, or something like that)

I would buy it for normal farming work, but not for hard contracting.....

over here there is lots off valmet.
never heart any big compleands about them.
several of them have front loaders (6300,6400)

my dad drove zetor (3511,4718,5748,6911,7745,12145,)
i drove lots with them they where good traktors ,except 7745
worthles traktor.

since i drive valtra wouldent change back too zetor

How are the Proxima Plus and the regulare Proxima working out?
And does any one have any experience with the track lift the zetor is using??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back