• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Anyone want to buy a TRACTOR factory?

treaney

Staff member
First name
TomZ
PHASE 1 OF 2 PART DISPOSAL OF THE LARGEST TRACTOR MANUFACTURING PLANT IN EUROPE.

MAJOR SALE BY TENDER
By order of AGCO LIMITED due to the re-organisation of its
MASSEY FERGUSON UK MANUFACTURING FACILITIES
at Banner Lane, Coventry, CV4 9GF.

VIEWING - Tuesday 7th and Wednesday 8th October 2003 from 9.30am to 4.30pm
(or by prior appointment with the auctioneers).

TENDERS DUE IN WRITING BY: Friday 17th October 2003 at 12 noon

Items offered for sale including - Complete Manufacturing, Production & Assembly Lines / Cells & Associated Equipment, CNC Turning & Machining Centres, Multi Spindle Bar Autos, Gear Machines / Tester, Inspection Equipment, Pre / Heat Treatment, Lifting / Handling / Storage, General Equipment, etc. etc.
Please see below for more details or contact us (+44 (0) 1780 410966) / Visit our website (www.ppbid.com) for catalogues, photos, viewings, etc. etc.

Yes, i have heard that AGCO wants to dump the old fashioned facilities in Coventry. It's sad that the home of the old fergies is discontinued. Anyhow, mergers are not helpful for historicians. Especially not for English plants, too expensive on labor costs and the Pound is too high.

Maybe Zetor will buy some of the stuff...

MF had some interesting equipment for "Carburising" shafts i.e. heat up surface by electrical induction and then immerse component into a vat of special liquid which causes the outer layer of the shaft to harden. The result of this is that the shaft wears very slowly.

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

Yes.. but i dont think Zetor needs that... I have pictures, they seem to have a big, and quite up to date looking heat treatment workshop.

I was thinking more of some of the grinding and turning machines to produce the six pot cranks and cams, in Brno they never made a six pot before...???

I think the Czechs have more knowledge of engineering than the British at the moment! Have you seen the Skoda-Pilzen website.It is the industrial engineering arm of Skoda before the companies were split up and they made the centre axle for the London Eye big wheel.The last time I looked on there they had a good picture of a 64,000 kg crankshaft for a ships diesel engine so a 6 pot Zetor engine should be no problem;)

I think it is disgusting that the british goverment let AGCO close the massey ferguson factory in coventry . The british goverment is not interested in farming at all only interested in lining their own pockets .I think some of the best tractors ever made were built at coventry eg 135 165 185 565 590 240 290 .

Yes Skoda did some of the world's most interesting workpieces.. Like the ball joint on the Dutch storm doors (20 meters high and maybe 50 metes wide, in the Hollandse IJssel, the last project of the Delta plan, that started after the great flood in 1953.
Those doors are hollow, when they are empty they float like a boat into the river, and when in place, they are sunken down. The ball joints, about 1 meter in circumference, are made in Skode Plzen works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back