• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

thinking about buying the zetor 9040 silver series vrs the deere 6115d any help?

lucaslaufenberg

Level 2
First name
lucas laufenberg
I'm thinking about buying the Zetor 9040 silver series but I don't know enough about them any help or suggestions? My next choice would be the deere 6115d. ANY comments would be appreciated! thank you

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/tractors/utility_tractors/6d_series/6115d_utility_tractor/6115d_utility_tractor.page

The JD 6115d series isnt even sold in Europe. It is built in Mexico, and replaces the models that Zetor built for John Deere.

Dont buy a deere. they use twice as much fuel pr hour.
Comparing which model of Deere to which model of Zetor ??
The Deere TIER2 engines used a LOT of fuel indeed. But Zetor TIER2 engines used more fuel than their predecessors too: Both Deere and Zetor reduced the fuel consumption by using EGR, instead of trying to control emissions by putting the injection timing very late, so the fuel came a few degrees after the top dead piston point, so it combusted at a lower temperature.

I am not entirely sure if that statement is correct, if you compare two tractors of the same emission stage...;)

my 11411 at 115 hp, its almost impossible to get it to use over 7 liters pr hour..... and i haul big loads of sand and rock in steep hills, my uncles brother in law has a deere of 135 or so hp he is struggleling to keep it under 25 l pr minute and they are at the same emission state. also a deere 2040 uses more fuel than a 7245. ive never heard of a fuel economic deere...... :)

by the way rense what is a zetor 9040 silver
series ?????
thats how they badge the basic Proxima in America.

Last spring i have been hauling cow slurry with a 5800 liter Veenhuis tank, with my 3011. A mate of my brother uses the slurry pit under one of our old barns because he doesnt have enough capacity under his own barn. I did 6 loads, 3 to 4km over the road. then ploughed half a hectare of horse pasture, compacted it with the 3011 on duals, cultivated twice. then i filled the tank to exactly full again, and the meter showed 22 liter.
This mate of my brother had the same Veenhuis tank pulled by an 856 Case. I bet he needed 22 liter to just haul that shit, let alone ploughing and cultivating... Thats when, as we say in Holland, you laugh the balls out of your pants, when refueling :)

By the way, what size of trailer are you using behind the 114 ?Here it would pull a 15 ton.

i use a 10 t because its not quite as flat here as over at your place ;) i have been 23 t total with an axcavator on a trailer but that was heavy :p

I have been totalling 19t with the 5245. it does have to work to get it to 30kmh but nothing nasty... :)
With the 3011 the chassis itself is the limiting factor. My 8t bale trailer is no problem when i load it a bit to the back (avoid the full 1800kg drawbar load on those 12.4-28 tires) but the engine is feeling happy when it works :)

Thanks guys, I never heared of Zetor , After checking into them I think there a good buy. I was wondering on the dependability and over all strength of the tractor. I priced a silver series 9040. I think its the base model here. thank you,-Luke

Lucas, we got our first Zetor in 1986, i have only one memory of the Deere 510 it succeeded: I was just 4 years, in the back seat of the Volvo 245 and my mother had to pull start it during winter... Thats the only memory i have.

Since then we used and abused Zetors here, they proved they sure can take a beating.

I'm farming about 100 acres and in a few years about 150 more...do you think that the zetor 9040 could handle most jobs just fine or would you bump up to the next modle?

What jobs ? on a 150 acre dairy or beef farm it will do fine. When doing cashcrop i'd get some more horses to speed up tillage in narrow time windows in spring...

The 6D series is seled also in Poland. The advantage of Zetor is that is very simple to block EGR :) what I mentioned in another topic :D

Hi guys, I'm going to buy the 12742 w/ 120 self leveling loader. I'll post pictures when I get it home...thanks, -Luke...Wisconsin, U.S.A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back