• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news Proxima update

folks,

I have some updates and more details about the new Proxima range.
The transmissions, apparently, are not UR3 Forterra based ones.
The basic version comes with the classic UR1 10 forward / 2 reverse gearbox as known from the Super series.

Another version is a 12/12 with shuttle reverser, maybe they have changed the reverse gear for an extra forward gear ??

the top version, not ready yet but coming, is 16/16 with two speed powershift.

1692629997176.png
I doubt if that rumor about the UR3 rear end has any truth.. i think i was misinformed:(:sneaky:

Hi Renze,

Ref my earlier comments on another post re the Proxima and the use of technology, it seems our friends in Zetor have taken a step backwards by using a UR1 40 year old tranmission! :sneaky:

What are they playing at?

[glow=green,3]Disillusioned in Ireland[/]

Tom,

Using the UR3 gearbox, down speced, will still make an expensive tractor.

About the step backward, i dont think so. The Proxima replaces the Super series, and the UR1 box in the Proxima is fully synchronised instead of just the 2nd to the 5th speed.

The 12 speed is a very good idea, our 5245 with the 10/2 speed has a (relatively to the number of gears) great gearbox for field work, 5 ploughing and cultivation gears in close steps to each other, but it just lacks a step between 4 and 5 in transport.... Problems that come from this is not just slow acceleration (shifting from 4th at 2400 rpm to 5th puts you back at 1300 rpm) but also hard shifting, the synchromesh has to overcome a too big speed difference to shift smooth and without toothroar.

The 16/16 2 speed powershift model will give the same as a downtuned forterra could give.

I just hope that they have a solution to combine the 540/1000 rpm pto with the shuttle reverser, or i am afraid this will not make any friends on the North American market. (americans will use them as loader tractors and want the shuttle reverser, which leaves no room to fit the 540/1000 rpm gears selection)

The UR1 is a much cheaper basis, what will make it a better base to start from, to be competitive to New Holland.

A 8441 with 12/12 is 1500 Euro more expensive than a comparable NH TDD... But the Zetor has a much more durable buit engine (NH has a 3.9 Iveco popper) LOAAADDS more engine torque and a twice as nice cab. (NH has 84 dB(a) and it takes an athletic climb to reach the seat in that narrow cab)

Sound really bad if it happen:( I MEAN IF ONLY IN 10/2 GEARS AND 540/1000 PTO CAN BE FITTED IN SAME TRANSMISSION, BUT NOT IN TO THE SHUTTLE TRANSMISSION:(:(:(

What do You think Folks?

And who really needs 540 rev. PTO at nowdays??????? 540E (or 750) and 1000 is more useful even under 54 kW tractors.

:(:(:(I did really like the photos and the rumors about good shuttle transmission:(:(:(

Anyway, Good waiting of Christmas for everybody, specially for Renze and thanks about good websites!

Markku, Tom,

According to what i have heard, the Proxima will be based on 2 ranges: 10/2 and 12/12 UR1 transmissions, and a UR3 based 16/16 two speed powershift wil be introduced during summer 2004.

The UR1 is very cheap to build, so it is a better point to start from. The 8641 Forterra is about 10.000 Euro more expensive, and there's NO WAY you could make the Forterra cheaper unless the quality drops. Even with this 16/16 the basic Forterra frame will be an expensive point to start from. So it's better to have an alternative that doesn't need to be cheaper than it actually is.

Renze, Maybe you are right:mad: I was just waiting too much about new models:sneaky:.... It is true that some tractors are too expensive to any use at all! (Was looking some Fendt prices..............):sneaky:

In Ireland, you could buy two, yes 2, Zetor 's for the price of a Fendt of the same HP....

...except for the Proxima Renze with it's 40 year old tranny :D[/]

Yep... just wondering.. how many happy Zetor hours could be made within the time you wear out one Fendt ?? ;) :p

Those Fendts with their undersized Deutz 2013 series poppers... I know several ones that lasted less than 4000 hrs...
They are no match for a durable built Zetor engine...;);)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back