• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello New Member with Zetor 3340

chief_jim

Level 2
First name
CHief Jim
I live in Southern Ohio. Just got a 1993 Zetor 3340 with a Bush Hog loader.2100 hours.No cab, just flat deck ROPS and overhead cover. $6,000. How bad did I get beat up? Clear stack good tires, most stuff works.
Need telescoping lower lift arms to replace non adjustable arms. Need info on dash lights. Have owners manual . it sucks. Who makes the best shop manual and electrical diagrams?
Anyone use a 7 foot disc mower on a 3340?
I saw a post by someone who boosted the 3340 by 10 HP, how was that done? Any danger of premature engine wear?
Thanks in advance.
Oh, I am not good with computers,so, do not know how to do this posting of messages. Hope it works.

With the current rate of Dollar, 6000 US$ is a bargain.
Over here it will sell for at least 6000 Euro, but probably also for 10.

Originally it was sold as a 45 hp tractor, just as our 5245 which precedes yours. I'm taking at least 55 (if not 60) from it, and oil consumption reduced dramatically. (the previous owner never really used it) when these engines dont get a proper exhaust gas temperature, they clog up internally, which causes oil consumption.
Also a too good of quality piston rings and liners, didnt seat properly unless worked real hard: they seem to hold better with heavy duty use.

If the tractor is overheating, change the radiator for a coarse mazed one, with fewer but bigger diameter water channels, it lets more air and more water through. I put an old radiator on it of our first Zetor , a 5718 which we wrecked for parts.

clutch and brake master cylinders are things to check. The slave cylinders are not really bad, but sometimes need replacement too.

Thanks for the insights! You are the second person to say the same thing abvout working these engines.
I will have more to talk about later. I just got out of hospital tonight.
This forum is fabulous.

Thanks for the insights! You are the second person to say the same thing abvout working these engines.
I will have more to talk about later. I just got out of hospital tonight.
This forum is fabulous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back