• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello Hello Everyone (Zetor 7745, 3340, 7320)

Yates

Level 2
First name
Daniel

Machinery:
My name is Daniel and I live in Kentucky, USA. We have 3 Zetors: A 3340, 7320 with cab, and the latest addition, a 7745 low profile that will hopefully be a 7745 turbo in the coming months.

KIMG0068.JPGKIMG0615.JPGKIMG1208.JPG

Hello and welcome! :)

Nice tractors do you have.

To convert a 7745 to a 7745 Turbo ist needed to change some spar parts and ad some also.
Cylinder heads, head gaskets, piston crown, flushing nozzles, oil pump, oil cooler on the oil filter, turbocharger, intake manifold, injection pump readjusted, 6-fold fan with steeper blades, reinforced radiator, different water pump... but you can see that on your 7320.

Just putting a turbocharger on it won't last long.

I have the manifolds, oil cooler, pistons, heads, and so on from a 7320. Not sure that the tractors are the same in the US. The only difference I can see in the radiator is where the relief is for the intake pipe to cross over. I don't think the 7320 has cooling nozzles. Water pump looks the same. I could have bought the entire engine from a 7320, but didn't because the crank was broke and I didn't really want to get into switching to a front mounted hydraulic pump.

Dont believe - just know!

The Zetor 7745 from beginning doesnt have the cooling nozzles - but from first face lift on it have.
The 7745 Turbo have they from beginning.
The 6340 Turbo (after first face lift renamed to 7340) and 7340 also definintly have the cooling nozzles.
They need them to cool down the pistons from downside and for more oil at cylindres.
1708605992571.png

Without that you will risc over heating pistons when the turbo is under working conditions. Zetor doesnt mount them just for fun in there turbo motors. ;)

Water pump looks the same.
No, the water pump on the turbo engines has a smaller pulley for slightly higher pump performance. This is also to cool the turbo sufficiently.

I could have bought the entire engine from a 7320, but didn't because the crank was broke and I didn't really want to get into switching to a front mounted hydraulic pump.
That would probably still have been the better deal. The crankshaft can be replaced, but the engine block already has all the special features it needs to function permanently under harsh conditions.

Also the valves are others from turbo cylinder heads - there are realy many parts that are not the same as on non turbo motor from Zetor.
Whats also different: the öl pump have more power in turbo motors ... (easely to see at different part numbers)

I certainly don't want to talk you out of your plan, but if you want it to last, I would at least follow the manufacturer's changes.
For cost reasons alone, they never installed too much. ;) :)

Part numbers for nozzles and is the 7745 block tapped to accept them? I have searched the web and asked elsewhere but never found any reference to a part number for the piston nozzles.

and is the 7745 block tapped to accept them?
If its not one of the first Z 7701 motor blocks (they havnt), then yes it should have it. The Z 7302 and Z 7901 engine, they also have it, and newer ones to.

1708614175564.png1708614210511.png

Interesting. Thank you for the info. I did find a picture online with the part number, but it didn't look like any nozzle I've seen before. Do they thread in or just press fit? All I've dealt with before had banjo type attachment. I'll have to check the serial number on the tractor and see how early it is.

Unfortunately, I don't know exactly, but I would say it was hammered in and maybe additionally glued. :unsure:

I'll have to check the serial number on the tractor and see how early it is.
You can check the serial number from chassis, the motor serial number and you can find left side of gearbox a date with year and month of production.
I have a long (1.050 Zetor tractor serial number entrys ) list with many serial numbers from Zetor tractors, how we can take a look if the serial plate gives not enough informations about production year.

*7701-019763-K* is the engine serial.
I have Zetor 7745 with engine serial numbers 7701-007506 from 1989 and 7701-022739 from 1990 in my list...
so I think must be an early one from around 1990 or earlier.

Eventualy a bit more exactly will be the chassis serial number.

So, too early for nozzles, or a place for nozzles?
possible - you can only check it self if you remove the oil pan and check whether the necessary holes are there and whether there are nozzles or sealing plugs in them.

Chassis serial is the one on the ID plate on right side of steering column?
normaly serial ID should be to find at ID plate AND on chassis at positions like above the front axle support, near the engine

You can take a look at your tractors manual or at this link to find the right number:

Yes - its definitly manufactured in 1990, I think in the middle of.
Is there a different make of turbo that is a direct replacement for the OEM on a 73 series? There are bunches advertised at half the price but I'm not sure any of them will work.

Brand new original turbochargers for a Zetor 7340 currently cost around 600-750 €.
If you are offered some at half price, they are either poorly reconditioned or simply the cheapest of poor quality. You get what you pay for. ;)

Brand new original turbochargers for a Zetor 7340 currently cost around 600-750 €.
If you are offered some at half price, they are either poorly reconditioned or simply the cheapest of poor quality. You get what you pay for. ;)
Not here in The States. Not sure on the exchange rate, but they are $1100-$1200 here. Similar looking ones are half. I think I even saw a Garrett that was considerably cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back