• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hydraulic question - Crystalman probably knows the answer to this

treaney

Staff member
First name
TomZ
I want to take my hydraulic log splitter off my Zetor Crystal and use it on my MF 35. As the MF does not have a built in spool valve like the Zetor, this is easier said than done. I can get hydraulic pressure from either the tipping hose when the lift arms are fully raised OR from the 3-way diverter valve under the seat to a second hose. I'll use the diverter valve.

However, my problem is how to plumb in the hydraulic return line so that it looks halfway intelligently plumbed-in and doesn't clutter up the cab. One option is to put a QD on the filler bung located to the LHS of the gear stick. This is not elegant and clutters up the cab where space is at a premium.

I've had a quick look to see if there is anywhere else that I can elegantly fit the hydraulic return but did not see any easy place. Any ideas/suggestions Crystalman or anyone else who may have done this?

TomZ
[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

100 series has a place on the side of the gearbox where the return line can be fitted. It is guite a near of the bottom if i remember right. Dont remember what side and what does it look like. (There is a plug too on the hitch cast where you can put preussured oil direct to lifting cylinder..... you can built modern hitch control to your MF. You need just bosch electric control system and valve.;))

Seriosly, im not sure about MF 35 return line, but look still once the gearbox both sides.....

Hey! now i remember the plug is above the step board.... (cabin floor) ...

Thanks Markku,

Now I have any idea where to look!

TomZ

On my 135 there is a return on the left hand side as you sit on the seat, near the top, about as far back as the seat.

Just slightly further back than the 3 way thing that you have attatched, but on the left side. Will probably be the same on 35 i expect?

Of course you could just drill a hole and tap it if there isnt one the same as my 135.

Thanks Ben - this has given me an idea where to look.

TomZ

You don't log on for a few days (Sorry-Gran is in hospital)and then you get mentioned in dispatches! I think you have figured it out for yourself by now but there are several takeoff points on the MF topcover without resorting to the fillercap bodge method! You can also unbolt the square plates on top to fit diverter valves that fit straight on.I think you could go out from the plate on the front right under the seat and then return in through the trailer tip pipe take off.

Thanks Crystalman this is useful advice.

Given that I have a trailer tip pipe your last suggestion sounds good
BUT
"I think you could go out from the plate on the front right under the seat and then return in through the trailer tip pipe take off."[/]

Is there not a problem with this in that in order to get hydraulic pressure going out from the valve on the plate on the front right under the seat, you need to raise the lift lever but doing this also pressurizes the trailer tip hose ???

TomZ

You are probably right about that Tom.We took all the plumbing off our 135 when we got the Zetor .I know that it involved several trips to a Vapormatic stockist to get the bolt on valves and taps necessary to make it work.It is also harder if like us you didn't have a Multi Power transmission with a high output pump setup.It should be easy to find out from an MF dealer-they were still using T20 hydraulic pumps in the 399's and maybe even the old style 4000 series!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back