• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hydraulic pump 8540

mike_horgan

Level 2
First name
Mike Horgan
Hi everyone. I'm having problems with the hydraulic pump on my 8540. I was using a shredder and the the lever at the pump has jumped from the 'O' position to the '1' position and hydraulic fluid poured out of the pump. I stopped the tractor and returned the lever to the 'O' position. Filled up the hydraulic fluid but the hydraulics won't lift the shredder of the ground. I guess I need a new pump. Has this occurred to others and why would the lever move on it's own. All comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is there any point in bleeding the hydraulics. Regards to all Mike Vic. Aust.

I never worked on a 8540, but it could be that you need to bleed the pump, but why it did this first? it's like the pump is worn the seals blew and shaft

Thanks for your quick reply Diy farmer. I really don't know why the lever flicked over. I'll have to investigate how to bleed the pump. I'm hoping the pump isn't ruined. Perhaps someone will reply with a remedy Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back