• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

has anyone converted an FEL bucket to a 4 in 1 bucket ?

jex

Level 2
First name
JEX
I have a 6045 with an FEL. There are times when it would be handy if the bucket was a 4 in 1. Has anyone done this conversion if it is possible ?

At my previous employer (a manufacturer of custom built trailers) we had a saying "you get it the way you make it"
So anything is possible, but is it worth your time ? And is it worth the reduced capacity of your loader ?

4 in 1 buckets are heavy as they get no support from the back. Therefor they have a hollow double floor, and a double cutting edge. (one on the dozer backpart as well)
If you look at small utility loaders, the 4 in 1 bucket is allways 20% smaller than the conventional, because the empty weight reduces the capacity of the machine. With a front loader, i'd like to travel light, as its already a light duty machine...

In Holland you dont see 4 in 1 buckets at all, my brothers 5 ton Liebherr loader has one, because it was a used import from Germany. But the floor is crooked and the thing is HEAVY ! though not much bigger than my frontloader bucket.

If you want to grab stuff, i'd leave the integrity in your bucket (not cut it up and then weld several 100's kg of steel into it to get the strength back) and just put a clamp on top:
http://www.hekamp.nl/customer_data/upload/files/KB_M_SERIE_FLDR_PRL_2011_V1_1.pdf

http://www.everythingattachments.com/FFC-Round-bucket-with-optional-hay-grapple-p/ffc-hay-buckets.htm

These are just some examples.

Dont know why you want that 4 in 1, to grab boulders, brush, ?? I think of making a brush grab on top of my bucket, but it has to be detachable so it doesnt limit my lift capacity when scooping loose fill...

Thanks for the reply. The grapple idea seems to be a good option. I would like the option of being able to pull & pick up brush, trees etc. I currently spend a lot of time jumping in & out of the tractor using a chain to do this function. Another use for the 4 in 1 would be in spreading and leveling soil but if it is going to require major surgery to my bucket I would rather go the grapple option and use my blade for the soil. If anyone has made a grapple for their bucket , I would be interested in seeing the results ( photo's).
I could not open the second link for some reason ??

For leveling loose dirt, there is no substitute for a simple land drag made of old railroad tracks... the 4 in 1 bucket is allways too agressive and doesnt glide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back