• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor9540 main input shaft

terry_9549

Level 1
First name
Terry Milligan
Input shaft removal 9540
Hi all i hope you can help .
Removed engine to fix another problem and found the main input shaft is worn.
I removed side plate, figure 8 plate on front, cir clips on bearing but cant get shaft to pull.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Your talking about the shaft coming from the bell housing to the clutch?

gearbox to clutch
Thanks

I only have books for the previous series Crystal tractors, but if they are the same as your 9540. then you will need to open off 5 bolts from the gearbox front cover and remove it out of the transmission housing together with your clutch drive shaft and the crown gear, then remove the circlip from gearbox front cover then another circlip from inside the crown gear and the shaft will be free.

Hopefully this is some good to you but as I say I didn`t work on 9540. I skipped over ever owning that series altogether.

as in remove the bell housing from gearbox with shaft attached?

you will have to remove the bell housing anyways. then open off the gearbox front cover via the 5 bolts. the clutch drive shaft comes out along with the crown gear. inside this is a circlip that holds on the shaft.

Thanks i'll get on with it now.

OK so, I take you don`t live in Ireland so? it must not be 21.00 hours Sunday night where you are? I don`t think I would be stripping a gearbox this time of a Sunday night.

Oh right, you do live in Ireland. Well fair play a hardcore mechanic.

Just shows how similar the tractors are inside so it just the cab was updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back