• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news Zetor Forterra restyled 2010

1694113067997.png
source: File:Zetor 12741 MFWD - 2010.jpg - Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Zetor_12741_MFWD_-_2010.jpg

1694113302281.png

Most important improvements are:
- new 350mm clutch fitted on all Forterra models
- the odd bits in the cab interior are finally improved
- 4 valve engined 135 added to the range

...Still no powershuttle in the Forterra range... Are they going to get the Forterra Power 125 and 135 with ZF rear end with powershuttle out, as promised ?

...If they ARE going to use that ZF rear end in a complementary Power series, i hope they have improved the rear axle: Those ZF rear axles of the Fendt 500 series just broke off when used to pull a heavy dumper with high rear axle load...

...But hey, Fendt -assembled- the 500 series rear ends in their own factory, bought components from ZF and made some bits themselves... maybe this problem was limited to Fendt 500 series, because i never heard of this problem in a Steyr 9145 or DF Agrotron, even though there are a bunch of them in my area pulling 20 ton dumptrailers... ;)

Anyways, Zetor is on the right track. Ergonomically the last few drawbacks of the Forterra are smoothened out, and the design looks just GOOD! Much more character than the previous Forterra styling, which was quite boring.

I just hope CZ will get them a VGT turbo, so they can restore the low end grunt: There is a big improvement with the 16V engine in the 135 but per ratio, there is still a big dive at 1300rpm on the torque band. The old three cylinders we have, or had, (3011, 4712, 5245) virtually maintained their torque to under 800rpm...

I understand that they arent willing to totally change the UR3 rear end to put the power reverser into it: The room there was for extra clutch packs in the 10540, is already taken by the extra powershift clutch disks to pass the 570Nm of the new 135 through... Next to that, the Forterra is a fine field tractor as it is now. They better instead get the Forterra Power range out, 115 to 135 hp 4 and 6 cylinder engines (or perhaps a 5 cylinder, very distinctive running characterisics, i love the Volvo 850 I-5 rumble ;) ) with the ZF 7200 series rear end. (that is, IF the rear axle of those lighter models can live up to the expectations of a Zetor user)

For the latest emission regulations, with soot filter and the such, a low engine load of a 120hp 6 cylinder will drive up the fuel consumption because the soot filter needs extra fuel to get to self-cleaning operating temperature. However many farmers just dont want a "basic" four cylinder engine in their 120+ hp tractors. An inline 5 could get the exhaust temperatures required for the soot filter at 120hp, still be more compact than a 6, and also give a more refined engine sound than a 4. Also for the wheelbase this would be a "best of both" solution.. ??

Addition:

Mitrenga, one of Czechias largest Zetor dealers, has some photos of the new engine on their website:
http://www.zetormorava.cz/zetor/0/0/2/138

Users who are viewing this thread

Back