• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

zetor engines

davies

Level 2
First name
huw from west wales
Anybody heard of cavitation on the liners of a Zetor engine this what causes pin holes in the liner letting water into the oil quite common on some diesel engines.

We have run most models since 1968 UR1,UR2 & UR3 service & repair customers Zetors without any liner porosity. Have found three cracked cylinder heads,these were hairline cracks in the exhaust ports most likeley caused by overheating or by working the engine at full output before working temp was reached.

Yes, Zetor engines are absolutely bullet proof, in my experience...
We've been getting quite some extra horses from all our Zetors, our 4712 even pulled a 6 m3 manure tanker with the 3meter cultivator hooked in tandem... We never had any engine trouble, except for overheating caused by lack of cooling liquid :((lost ALL water through a broken hose..)

I have certainly never heard a bad word about any Zetor engines except the very early 7745 turbo engine in a magazine article.In later ones the problems were cured (bigger radiator and an oil cooler I think) and a neighbour who manages to break everything he uses has not killed his 1990 7745 yet! I had to change the head gasket on my 10045 turbo as water was getting into the cylinders but that was due to the gasket corroding between 1 and 2 cylinder after 10 years. Zetor engines are much better than the 1980's Ford porous block engines that leaked oil and water.
Steve.

On my 6245 from 1987 I had problem with the gaskets of the liners. On two cylinders there was leak of water into the oil.
The man who made the reparation said he never had seen that before, but he thougt the gaskets not was in right position from the beginning. He mounted new gaskets. It happend after about 1200 hours on the engine. After the reparation I had no problem with that as long as I had the tractor. Now I have the never 6341 a nce tractor and Im very pleasure with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back