• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 8541 Proxima Plus

scarey74

Level 2
First name
scarey74
Hi Folks,

We have just purchased one of the above tractors (1year old and 250 hours) and are well pleased with it. Just one thing however, it is difficult to change gears espically when trying to change down to get in gateways and such. I was wondering if this has to do with the tractor being relatively new and few hours or something more serious maybe damaged selectors or maybe clutch adjustment?

Any help or suggestions apprecaited

Thanks

Sean

I've heard that most started shifting smooth after 4 to 500 hours. and if not, you can invert some sort of positioner, half moon shaped. Dont know, never seen it, but i think its where the UR1 had this bolt with spring inside, with a ball underneath that rolled through the arresting slots in the yoke slidebar.

This can be fixed by removing the three bolts on the cast shift lever holder. The top bolts are threaded, the bottom bolt has a nut on the back side(hardest part of the whole job) Then pull the entire shifting lever assembly out of the housing.

There will be a poly ball at the bottom of the removed lever. Make sure it turns freely then sand the poly smooth. Also, sand smooth where the ball fits into the housing. Clean everything with brake cleaner.

Add a little black grease, put it back together and your good to go.

This should only take 30-60 minutes and will make a world of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back