• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 6441 won't start

msmzitzmanngmailcom

Level 1
First name
Mzitzmann
I hope you guys can help . Its been real cold here, so we've been plugging in the engine block heater over night. Unfortunately, the tractor was left unused for almost a week, but it was still plugged in. Yesterday i finally noticed and unplugged it, but it wouldn't start. The glow plug light came on for a second, and then turned off right away. The engine turns over, but it wont catch. I thought maybe it was just too hot, so I left it overnight and tried again this morning. So, this morning it was cold, and the engine struggled to even turn over. I decided to plug it in again, and went back to check on it 20 minutes later. There was a strange hum coming from the heater, and a slow coolant leak. I also noticed a bigger puddle of oil (but its hard to say if that was a fresh leak or not). There was no oil visibly leaking at the time. As soon as I unplugged it, the hum stopped. I tried to turn it on again, and while the engine sounded nice and warm, and fully turned over, it still wouldn't catch. I tried giving it a little gas, but it didn't do a thing. Any thoughts?

I hope you guys can help . Its been real cold here, so we've been plugging in the engine block heater over night. Unfortunately, the tractor was left unused for almost a week, but it was still plugged in. Yesterday i finally noticed and unplugged it, but it wouldn't start. The glow plug light came on for a second, and then turned off right away. The engine turns over, but it wont catch. I thought maybe it was just too hot, so I left it overnight and tried again this morning. So, this morning it was cold, and the engine struggled to even turn over. I decided to plug it in again, and went back to check on it 20 minutes later. There was a strange hum coming from the heater, and a slow coolant leak. I also noticed a bigger puddle of oil (but its hard to say if that was a fresh leak or not). There was no oil visibly leaking at the time. As soon as I unplugged it, the hum stopped. I tried to turn it on again, and while the engine sounded nice and warm, and fully turned over, it still wouldn't catch. I tried giving it a little gas, but it didn't do a thing. Any thoughts?

I have never had to used a heater, but usually in this country all needed to start the tractor after a week is pump up the diesel and a well charged up battery. Did you pump up the diesel before you tried to start it?
it sounds like you have boiled the antifreeze and it is coming out radiator cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back