• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question What stopping people buying Zetor?

diyfarmer

Level 2
First name
diy farmer
I was watching a charity tractor run going past the other day, and I notice a nice amount of Zetors passing but the only thing was they all seem to be at least 10 years old.
While there were new tractors from nearly every other make.

What's stopping people buying Zetor ?

Price used to be a reason. Now spec levels (and prices) are nearing that of the competition, Zetor gets compared to them as well, so in the end the better marketing of the big brands convince the customers.

And dealers: Zetor does not have a serious product line up to 220-240hp. So they stick with the less professsional barn shop dealers, whilst the well functioning dealers are going to other brands because the other brands will only give exclusive distribution contracts so they have to let go of Zetor.

Without a 200hp tractor with semipowershift, dealers arent going to invest in branding, because Zetor offers so little in return: All the big brands now offer economy dairymen tractors, which was once Zetors unique selling point.

Price used to be a reason. Now spec levels (and prices) are nearing that of the competition, Zetor gets compared to them as well, so in the end the better marketing of the big brands convince the customers.
Without a 200hp tractor with semipowershift, dealers arent going to invest in branding, because Zetor offers so little in return: All the big brands now offer economy dairymen tractors, which was once Zetors unique selling point.

I don`t think the would be too many sales in Ireland for a 200hp tractors, they be only looking at the big tillage farmers and some of those use Fendt or Claas.

true the majority of sales in the past were to dairy farmers like we did. and now they still buy tractors around the 120hp mark with loaders on them, but for some reason they are not buying a Zetor anymore.

I was watching a charity tractor run going past the other day, and I notice a nice amount of Zetors passing but the only thing was they all seem to be at least 10 years old.
While there were new tractors from nearly every other make.

I should took out my new 140 HSX for a spin to let them see what their missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back