• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

WHAT MODEL SHOULD I BUY?

M

MADE IN BRNO!

HELLO ALL! RECENTLY BEEN THINKING OF GETTING A ROUND BALER TO DO MY OWN BAILING BECAUSE THE MAN WITH THE (GREEN MACHINE) IS TOO EXPENSIVE, 3 PER BALE! ANYWAY WONDERING WHICH MODEL DO I NEED? I NEED AT LEAST 75 HP TO TURN A ROUND BALER ACORDING TO A FRIEND WHO HASENT GOT ONE! AND I WILL NEED 1 DOUBLE ACTING SPOOL VALVE AND 1 SINGLE ACTING PLUS A RETURN FOR THE BALE WRAPER I AM ALSO BUYING I PROBABLY SHOULD GET 4WD FOR THE WET FIELDS AND A LOADER WOULD BE HANDY ? LIKE RENZE!! MAYBE POWER STEERING FOR THE LOADER AS WELL? I SAW A 7245 FOR SALE FOR 4500 CHEAP? BUT NO LOADER ON IT! AND BAD TYRES , ANYWAY I THINK A CRYSTAL WOULD BE BETTER WITH 6 CYLINDERS? BUT THEY ARE VERY OLD NOW AND NOT EASY TO GET WITH 4WD IN THE UK AND THEY WERE TO BIG FOR WELSH FARMERS ON THE MOUTAINS SO VERY RARE IN WALES WERE I COME FROM LOTS OF 3045 AND 3545 AROUND IVE GOT ONE! THAT WOULD PROBABLY TURN THE WRAPER? THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

I will give you the benefit of my limited experience. I have a Zetor 7711 2 wd, 65 hp, and a Vermeer 505I baler. This baler is very easy to pull, does not need 65hp, but I am baling dry hay only. I do not bale on wet fields. The need for a lot of hp arises when pulling the baler up hill with a full bale in it. I do have hilly fields. The 7711 has a loader which I have off now because it is more pleasant to operate that way.

Appearantly you are going to be putting up silage bales. I think you will be wanting a 4 by 5 baler for silage.Silage bales are much heavier than dry and 4 wd will be useful for baling and moving the bales with a loader. Remember that if you puncture the plastic you will have spoilage in the bale, so it is best to wrap the bales where you are going to store them, moving them only at feeding time. It would be nice to have 2 loader tractors if your fields are wide apart.

A silage wrapper does not take much hp or even large hydraulic capacity. When I helped with silage wrapping we used a 4000 Ford. There are 2 types of silage wrappers, the type that has hydraulic arms to pick up the bale and place it on the wrapper, and the type with out the arms that you have to use a loader tractor to load the bales with.

Hope this helps.

Keithsc

Krone advertised their Kr130 softcore silage baler saying it needed 50 to 80 hp. It was a rotocut machine...

Ask Markku, he bales a Welger (without rotocut) with a 6245.
Finnish use conditions are quite tougher than Dutch conditions, the finns press after 6 hours of drying, where teh Dutch bale after 24 to 48 hours and 2 tedding passes.

THANKS BOYS THIS HELPS A LOT, BUT THE QUESTION IS WHAT MODEL SHOULD I BUY!! THE BALER I'M BUYING IS A WELGER BECAUSE IT'S NOT EASY TO FIND ANYTHING ELSE IN WALES! I THINK ITS A ( RP 12 S) BUT IM NOT SURE BECAUSE THE STICKERS ARE OLD AND WORN I WILL PROBABLY PAINT IT IN (ZETOR RED ) NICE!!! AND SILVER WHEELS!! ANYWAY IF MARKKU CAN DO IT WITH A 6245, SOME GUY!!!!. THEN A 7245 WILL BE PERFECT BECAUSE I WILL BE BAILING HEAVY SILAGE NOT HAY SO THE EXTRA 20? OR SO HORSE POWER WILL BE HANDY. AND RENZE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO FIT A LOADER? YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON YOURS I MUST SAY! I HAVE A ZETOR DEALER ONLY HALF A MILE UP THE ROAD!! AND ABOUT 20 IN THE WHOLE OF WALES SO ITS EASY TO GET SPARE PARTS!! BUT LOADERS AND BRACKETS ARE LIKE GOLD DUST!! THE ONLY CHANCE OF GETTING ONE IS TO BY THE WHOLE TRACTOR WITH IT!! THANK'S AGAIN GUY'S .

Hmm.... If I recommend least model 7745 or 7745 Turbo ;)

We had 7245 for baling years ago and that model doesnt actually give much more power than 6245. :(

All Welger and Orkel balers takes more power than other brands similar type balers. 6245 works fine with wet silage and its decent for dry silage, but no good for dry straws. :(

But if you are baling something about 2000 bales or less in a year i think you manage even with 6245 if there is no big hills :D

Markku,
So dry straw takes more power than wet silage ??

made in Brno: i can send you the AutoCAD drawings for the subframe. I am drawing an even simpler version of the frame, it can do with a lot less bends and welds.. Unfortunately i realised that only afterwards... ;)

I suppose i can make it available from the website in DWG and JPEG format.

You will then have to torch out the console brackets for he specific brand of loader you are going to fit.

HELLO ALL! RECENTLY BEEN THINKING OF GETTING A ROUND BALER TO DO MY OWN BAILING BECAUSE THE MAN WITH THE (GREEN MACHINE) IS TOO EXPENSIVE, 3 PER BALE!

I wish our "man with the green machine" _only_ charged three quid per bale. Our harvest was over 15 euro - PLUS VAT - per bale. And it all went bad :(

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guy's this is bad i bought a 7245 today!!!!!!!!! haven't got it home yet because its 80 miles away! anyway iv'e got the baler home and it's not as big as i was expecting! few!! its going to look tiny behind the 7245 im lucky as well that the owner has opened it up at the fuel pump but there is no turbo! its also got big back wheels from a 7745 so its going to be faster on the road , and has more weight on the back for loader work:D. the guy i got the baler from said he used it behind a DAVID BROWN 1212 tractor which is 72 hp 2wd he's now got a class rotocut baler behind a big case maxxum 5150, so he will be needing a lot more fuel!! still need to find a loader and bale wrapper before july!! thats 9 months! getting shorter by the day!!!:p. So be quick Renze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it took you a year!!!!!!!!! i expect to bale around 1000 bales in july and another 100 in september plus another 200 in october so thats only 1300 bales so easy work for the 7245 !!!!!! . Im going to the machinery sale montford bridge in shrewsbury to see if i can get a wrapper and a loader but the sale isn't untill may!!!!!!! so my loader fitting will be a world record attempt!!!!!!!!!!!.

Renze,

If we do adjust baler for highest capacity then yes, dry straw takes lots of power. Wet (and dry) silage is not so bad.

Farmer who use brand new Welger profi (makes 1.5m bales) told it takes least 140 hp when baling straw. 69)

By the way, didnt get the 3 point lift, it was sold :(

Made in Brno, I'm not in UK (anymore), but getting a loader shouldn't be a problem - the hard part will be the mounting kit as Zetor is non-standard mounts (at least for North America - European style may be better). I can't believe that it is that hard to find a loader through an online site / used equipment dealer and then if you have to make your own framework you still have the 9 months.

In terms of pulling power - I couldn't believe what I was pulling with a 7245 - I have a loader on the front and 90% liquid filled rear tires for ballast and that thing has plenty of at the wheel pulling power which will be your biggest concern I assume.

Yes getting a loader in england or scotland is easy but not in WALES!!!!!!!! 69) everyone wants one!!:( if you find one you dont tell anybody or it wont be there very long!!!!!!!!!;) . my landrover is very old and wont go much more than 5 miles before blowing up!! :) so its just me and me ZETOR !!!!!! :pi have a car but its only a 1.7 so wont pull a loader on a trailer!! and delivery to the( other end of the earth):( ( according to delivery company) is not cheap:( so its going to have to be locally for sale im thinking of getting a tanco loader that bolts onto the side of the tractor not on the axle like renze's so its easy to fit with out taking off wheels and things?:) my neighbour has a 7045 with a red quicky loader that bolts under the engne and onto the side of the front above the axle but its going to pull the tractor apart if you lift something big:eek: so maybe renze's idea is better?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back