• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news The very first Proxima photos.. by Rune

Thanks to a visitor of the zetorworld website, Rune from Norway, Zetorworld can show you the very first photos of the new Zetor Proxima range. The Proxima is the successor of the Super series, with a better standard equipment, an engine from the Forterra range, and more options to come.

The engines are high torque 59 hp (three cylinder) 72, 79 and 87 hp (four cylinders with balance shafts) all with turbo, which have proven themself in the UR3 forterra range. Transmission variants are the 10/2 transmission as known from the super, a 12/12 shuttle shift, and later, a 16/16 shuttle reverser transmission with a 2 speed powershift will be added. About this 16/16 transmission, there are no further details. The cab noise level is lowered to 79 Db(a)

The availability of the Super and Major series of tractors will differ from country to country, the duration will depend on local emission regulations.

The following pictures have been photographed by Rune, a.k.a. the Norwegian Zetor pilot.
1692629266369.jpeg 1692629250722.jpeg 1692629231694.jpeg
Rune, i have got your e-mail.
Thanks a lot, i hope everyone enjoys this !!

Rune - Great photo's! Was there any mention of prices?

Renze - Thanks for posting the photos so soon.
p.s. Would you like a job in Brno in Zetor Marketing? ;):);)
They could learn a thing or two from you!!!

Comment - The Proxima looks like a well designed, nice, tidy tractor (like its competitors). Technically/feature wise it seems on a par with what else is currently on the market.

So the question is:
>>> What is the prevasive buying agrument for customers?

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

The absence of electronic crap !!!

Every mechanic with common repair experience can fix them, without needing a laptop to calibrate powershift and engine.
And of course, Zetor 's heavy cast-iron chassis.

OK Renze...

Re "the absence of electronic crap" - is this not a little Luddite?
I know that it makes servicing easier but is this not the direction that all other mainstream manufacturers are heading in? Zetor should at least offer electronics as an extra cost option. You yourself have acknowledged in the past that the Bosch EHR system is good.

Q. Given that there is no "electronic crap", what effect will this have on price? None? 10% less? 20% less?
A. None I would predict...
I am really interested to see how the Proxima is priced.

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

Yes, the Bosch system will work good for the first 12 years.
The Bosch system is universal and can be fixed by dealers of any other brand.

For new common rail engines and vario or autopower boxes you need genuine software and a laptop. The EHR version Zetor is using can be fixed without plugging in a laptop computer.

For new common rail engines...[/]
Engines are definintely getting more technologically complex (Tier II and III) thus leaving "Joe Zetor " scratching his head when it comes to repairing them. The 130 bhp PDi engine in my VW Passat is testament to this.

and vario or autopower boxes you need genuine software and a laptop..[/]
I visited the Fendt factory in Marktoberdorf this year and was amazed at how simple the Vario transmission is - hydraulically it's a big spool valve that throttles the amount of hydraulic power. The demonstrator very proudly pointed out to me that if something was to go wrong with the hydraulics, you can still drive the tractor with the ordinary mechanical gearbox (without the Vario benefits of course).

The EHR version Zetor is using can be fixed without plugging in a laptop computer.[/]
Good engineering practice...what we expect from Zetor! Does it have all the bells and whistles of the full EHR system I wonder?

Have you read the Boerderij/Farmers Weekly/ Top Agrar test report ??

They were happy with the very logical and simple operation, the draft control worked good and it had an anti swing control for transporting heavy implements on the road.
What else would you need ??

so what are the main differences over the Super?

will the Super still be offered or is this a replacement?

I am not sure about technical details, transmission speeds etc. but we'll see many Forterra features in the Proxima, and i dont know if the MAjor series or the Super series will be ended.

I think the Major wil be discontinued, because the Super shares its cab with the rest of the models, so there will only be one type of cab, which is easier to make than two types...

Mr. Guest
If all goes as planned the Proximas should start showing up at dealers late June. I do not no what models will come first. My guess is it will be close to the end of the year before we see most of the models. As for the web site, I do not know. American Jawa is in the process of completely redoing the web site. I am sure it will be a few months (at the earliest) before we see any major change. Hope that helps.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back