• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news ..the name for the new born Zetor is...

Proxima !!
1692629832980.png

I had an e-mail yesterday from a dealer who was informed that the new Forterra based small Zetor series will be named Proxima. Quoting earlier information, the new series will have 3 and 4 cylinder engines based on the Forterra engines. The Super series will also get these engines, so all Zetors have engines from the UR3 family, with 105 mm bore and 110 mm stroke.

Dutch dealers are hoping to be able to show it to the public at the Dutch agricultural fair in Zuidlaren, Drenthe, in the first week of December. It is not sure if it will make it on time for the show..

Is this the new 6441?

It is to be seen in the norwegian farmshow ,-Agroteknikk next week. I`m looking forward to see this tractor, it sure looks interesting....!!

Greetings from norwegian Zetorfan, -Rune-.

Hey Rune, if you have a chance, please take some pictures for us !! If you mail them to me i will put them on the site.

I dind't know that it was going to be the 6441 but it sounds logical, 6341 followed up by 6441...

Is the Norwegian farm fair the official worldwide introduction ??

...I hope they look better than the name sounds.. :mad:

I don`t know if this is the worldwide introduction, but the norwegian Zetorimporter was just as exited as me, the only information they had was the picture used in the ad.
The tractor will arrive directly to the show from Brno.

I will bring my digital camera to the show, I`ll do my best to bring you some good pictures!

By the way: Very nice website you`ve got, Renze -Keep up the good work!

Greetings -Rune.

They dont sound bad tractors and even the name has grown on me. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of them to see if they look like mini forterras. Do we know the prices for them yet renze. I also saw phils post on agmachiney, dont think he likes the name very much, what you think.
Where are you phil?????????????

here william! The tractors do sound good but as for the name????????????

I am glad Zetor are going back to what they know best and developing a new range that will actually sell. Sorry Doc, but the higher horsepower forterras are a complete waste of time here in the Uk. They are under specced to have any chance in the arable sector and as for the livestock sector, they are too big! I cringed when i saw a 11641 at the local dealers with the bolted on spool block, which looked like it had landed there by accident! The proxima is just the range Zetor needs but with having a name like Proxima for it, it just portrays the image that Zetor is a joke. The name sounds like something that has been kicked out of the Same factory, and im sure you won't like that Renze!

William, you seem to have been making quite a few purchases since our last chat:D aye well good luck with the business

later, phil>:)

It's not really a new range... It uses existing 4 pot engines, and the three pot engines were sold as industrial units, just not used in tractors yet.
The tranny is a Forterra clone, i think a little less heavy and it is supposed to have UR1 style portal rear axles.

I dont know about pricing.

Phil, why look at the 11641 ?? there are more compact models that are more reliable and have a REAL engine... ever tried a 11441 ?

Hi Phil,
You want to try and get a demo of a forterra 11441 you wont be dissapointed, Yes the spool block looks like a after thought but to be honest pound for pound not a lot touches them. Look at me just bought 3 of them. Good honest cheap tractors that just do whats asked of them, What more could you want oh plus there good on fuel. As for being to big well they are no bigger than my 9145/10245 crystals and they also have factory fitted front hitches/air con/front mudgaurds etc Well mine do anyway. The name is always going to cause for and against arguements but lets just hope they are good cheap tractors that do the job and last like all of our old zetors.

Phil, some might see Zetor as a joke, but if it's because of the name, i'm sure there will be some people around that appreciate that kind of humor... Maybe it will attract less serious buyers too...

The hardcore Zetor folks usually are people that dont really bother about how good the name sounds, but just choose their tractor on technical and rational grounds...:cool:

Renze,

You have hit the nail on the head with your last post. I have have the same thing when people are running jd,nh and others and they have said to me about running zetors and when i turn round to them and say that i earn as much in a week as they do with there much more expensive tractors the smile is quite often wiped from there faces.
Look at the demo forterra i have just bought 19- 20,000 ish where as what would you be paying for the same jd,nh 30-35,000 so that means that i am turning profit far quicker than they are and for what!!!!!

Running a top name tractor that does the same as my zetors is as far as im concerned a WASTE of money that does not make sense to me. Proft is what im working hard for and to stay in business.:):)

Would also like a picture on the inside of the cab. any data on options, top speed,etc. I feel that any new tractor today needs a 40kph tranmission.

Zetor can certainly supply a 40k transmission-they were introduced on the Crystal range as an option in about 1987 and on the Forterras and the new smaller 41 series as soon as they were put on the market.As for the name Proxima-well there are not many names that have not been used on tractors or cars and translate into other languages to chose from unless you use made up names!

Hey Crystalman, the name might sound made up, but it's not !
the proxima is the closest star to the sun.

Now I`ve been to the show.! Nice looking tractor, even if inside the cab reminded me much about the Super..

I took some pictures, the picture quality is not too good, but it is better than not having any pictures at all..
My computer is kind of poor, I don`t think I can E-mail them, but would it work if I uploaded them to your photo gallery, Renze?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey Crystalman,
the proxima is the closest star to the sun."
Let's hope that buying one is not a financial black hole!

you can upload them to your posts via upload function.

I would be very grateful if you could help me to get the first pictures on the internet !!

i saw the new zetor ...441 in agroteknikk. its not beautiful. it looks like a ...341 . the 11641 is best

A couple of month's have passed since Renze (give him a slap on the back)[/] broke the news about the Proxima. However, I have not seeen anything since in either the trade press or on the web about it.

Any update on launch plans etc?

[glow=green,3]Confused in Ireland[/]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back