• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

the door of my zetor 6441 proxima shattered 4 times

seano

Level 2
First name
seano
Hello all
this is my first post I have a 2008 zetor 6441 proxima I have this tractor 2 years but in this time the left hand side glass door has shattered 4 times twice they broke during the night the other 2 doors broke when the tractor was been driven. I bought the tractor from my local zetor tractor dealer in county Kerry and this is where I bought the 4 replacement doors. Has anyone else had this trouble with the glass doors shattering Are the doors that come in the new tractor better quality. Are the glass doors shattering because the replacement doors are of poorer quality has anyone else this problem the local dealer is giving me no satisfaction is my tractor the only one giving trouble or is it a problem in other tractors of this model Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated
Regards
seano

There must be something wrong in the alignment of the hinges and door lock, its mounted under tension or something like that.

When the new glass is fitted it is essential that the rubber washers around all the bolt holes are fitted and that the bolts are not done up too tight. This problem is caused by stress somewhere, so check when the new one is fitted that when the door is shut it touches all the way around without any points where it touches first. As Renze said, check for bent hinges, and make sure the catch is not too tight or out of line.

My local zetor dealer is giving me an old door that was on a similar zetor 6441. he admitted he is having trouble with other doors breaking. He thinks and hopes he just got a bad batch of doors .maybe they were not drilled correctly. I will check out the hinges thanks for your replies a problem shared is a problem halved
I will keep ye informed on the outcome if ye like
Thanks
Regards
seano

They left the factory with the the end caps on the struts where made of plastic where as there are made of metal now the wind used to take these doors But i have notice alot of 07 08 cab doors breaking some say it,s poorly toughen glass which is possible while the doors are a little light when compared to other manufactures Fitted a door for a neighbour there last week it,s the forth door in three years and to get them to fit well but this door was taking a good amount of effort even a couple of washers the upshot of the fitting is i reckon the cab just was not acepting the door in fact i though it was out of square so rang another firend and he has come across this only in 08 models so conclusion is they must have been pushing the cabs through the welding plant to quick or the jigs must have been a little out

Hi

Make sure you are getting glasses with the RED zetor symbol in the bottom corner. There's no problem with these. Check you have NO tension on the door bar when you bolt it on. Bend the hinges on the cab to align the door spot on for the catch alignment.

Mike

Make sure you are getting glasses with the RED zetor symbol in the bottom corner.
Good info, there is a farmer here with a 2008 Proxima who shattered one or two doors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back