• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news Proxima facelift for TIER 4 emissions

They have used the Major styling on the Proxima... guess what i think ? I think it looks better than the old Proxima AND the Major !

Even after they changed the Major hood with that diving goggle- look to a headlight unit that resembled the Proxima, it still has a beauty flaw: it combines large planes, with some very crowded and detailed edges around the outer contour. Yet now on the Proxima, they added three bars of mesh to the top of the hood, and the extra lights built into the planes above the main headlights, identical to the previous Proxima. Somehow that puts balance to the entire design, and i think it looks just good !!

I just get the feeling that the time lapse of designing, was opposed to the time lapse of unveiling: They spent money on the new well-designed Proxima hood but kept it behind the curtain because the production change to TIER 4 engines wasnt ready yet, so they introduced a cheaper spin-off a few months before, on the Major, thereby taking the design elements out of context...

I'm just too conservative to like it the best, but when i get used to this new company styling, i might even get to like it better than the Forterra (which was/is, in my humble opinion, the best looking Zetor yet)

1694114834817.png

1694114855562.png 1694114872706.png

1694114896408.png

Here in the leaflet, you see photos of BEFORE this restyle, but yet you can read that it can be had with either TIER 3 or TIER 4 interim engine. That while the website has the new photos, but only mentions TIER 3 engines... :p

I wonder what the price difference is between the both: Its not just the soot filter, which costs about 3 to 4 grand, but also the 16 valve engine with better combustion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back