• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Proxima 7441 Clutch

splitrail1

Level 2
First name
SRFarms
I have a Proxima 7441 cab model that the clutch does not engage until pedal is fully extended. It has good pedal pressure along with returning to the stop position. 1200 hrs on the tractor so I wouldn't think the clutch needs to be replaced??? I have checked both boots on the master and slave cylinders and neither are leaking. Pedal settings per the manual are correct also. Is this normal for the clutch engagement to be this high with 1200 hrs? Any help is much appreciated!

have you ever greased the clutch yoke shaft ?

Thank You all for your replies.......

I have greased every grease fitting I can find and what the manuals tell me.... well at least I hope so.

I have never noticed the clutch slipping even pulling a set of hyd plows. I also pull a NH 644 baler on mountain terrain but just seems like im tearing something up since not a lot of pedal!!!

I also check the slave cylinder by depressing "by hand" as it moved about 1" then returned to normal position.

is there any other checks I need to perform?

Hi,

There are 2 grease nipples. One on each end of the clutch shaft where it pivots in the bell housing.
The pushrod on the master cylinder shouldn't need adjusting but you could check it has a tiny bit of play before it moves the m cyl piston.
The slave cyl has an adjuster on the front end but shouldn't need adjusting. It is set when the clutch is new to get 20mm of piston protruding from the cylinder.

Mike

How about the lid on the left side on the bellhouse? On old models there was a possibility to lubricate the sleeve with a few drops of oil by taking of the red plug, but what about new models like 4340 4341 7441 ...? Nothing is mentioned in the manuals .

Hazze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back