• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

plough for 3511

patrick

Level 2
First name
patrick
me and my dad are restoring a 3511 and are wondering whats the best and most popular plough for a 3511 thanks, regards patrick;);)

The 3511 will pull a 2 furrow 16" or a three furrow 12"

We tried a 3 furrow 16" rumptstad on a 4712 but that gave excessive wheelspin. A 3511 is a bit lighter...Wheel ballast will improve traction though...

3545 has 4wd so 800kg more drawbar pull. in good conditions it will pull the 16" three furrow and in bad conditions it will continue with the 3 furrow 12" or the 2 furrow 16" where the 3511 will spin out.

on average conditions it will take the 3 furrow 14" i guess.

Thanks Renze.
I have never ploughed a field before but I found out that the 2 furrow 12" plough I have "doesn't fit".
Now I know what to look for.
The last thing I wanted to do was to make a mess on my first attempt coz of the wrong size plough.
I'll just have to keep turning that field over 'in my head ' till I get one that does fit!

"doest fit" in what way? though a plough looks simple there are a lot of adjustment that need to be right for it to work properly and the rear wheel track on the tractor makes a difference as well.....

yeah the wheel track. 12 " between the blades but 16" to the inside of the back wheel. I think that makes it unsuitable from what I can gather. It's possible to move the back wheels in but not the front.
I think I need another plough, but like I say I've never used a plough before so I'm on a learning curve here.

can you move the plough sideways on the crossshaft ? on many old ploughs the lower tractor lift links connect to either end of the cross shaft , which is essentially joined to the plough frame by u bolts..... slacken the bolts and move the shaft accross the plough frame. the shaft should also rotate to lean the plough over a bit for ploghing the first furrow or two where the tractor is running level on the surface , rather than tilted with one side in the furrow bottom.

No, unfortunately the plough has been moved as far over to the right as far as it will go.
I have had it down at one of my friends who helped me to loosen off all the siezed bits and we put a new cutting disc on it, he knows his stuff , how to set all the adjustments etc, thats how I know about the relation of the distance between the mould boards and wheels.
It can be adjusted over to the left but that doesn't help me at all.
It's a fisher humphries match plough I think, all in good working order, shame really!

whats the track distance of your tractor ?
You can change in steps of 7.5 cm, most of them are on 150 but mine is now on 142.5 and 135 is most narrow possible.
You can extend to 157.5 and 165 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back