• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

New Zetor Proxima Plus ?????

jos1

Level 1
First name
Jos1
I found on www.zetorpdc.cz that Zetor will introduce 2 news . So I tried to find more info with google and I found this:

http://www.agroweb.cz/projekt/rubrika.asp?pid=2&rid=25
http://www.agroweb.cz/projekt/clanek.asp?pid=2&cid=23956
http://www.agroweb.cz/projekt/clanek.asp?pid=2&cid=23955

It's someting about a new serie, the Proxima Plus and something about the Zetor Forterra 11741. I don't understand it because it's in Czech. I think the Proxima Plus is about three new models (8541, 9541 and 10541). Maybe the 11741 gets a real Zetor engine?

What it says is the new Proxima Plus series, based on the old UR3 models 8540/9540/10540. These will have a 16F/16R gearbox with 2 speed powershift and powershuttle.
This has been confirmed by dealers already.

About the other rumor, i know that the engine delivery contract of Same to Zetor , ends in late 2006 because in 2007 the Euro3 legislations are engaged, which the Same engines do not comply to, and the Zetor engines do.

... I need to go now and will type more info tomorrow...

The other article about 11741.4C seems to talk about a 4 cylinder 122 hp model. Dutch dealers are already selling the 11441 as a 121 hp model, so it seems the Dutch tweakings are becoming factory setting.

It also seems to talk about electronic exhaust gas recirculation to drop emissions. I cant figure out what that means, but it isnt necessary to meet Euro 3....

....exhaust gas recirculation..

I had an experience with my wife's 1.4L petrol Skoda Octavia - was running badly, uneven tickover, stalling under load.

Subsequent investigation was that the exhaust gas recirculation into the air filter had clogged pipes with a jelly like brown gunge. Cleaned them out and now she is running as sweet as a nut...the car that is...not the wife"

I have reread the article and i think to read that they speak of 4 valves per cylinder engines, and turbos with variable geometry.

It seems clear to me that they talk about a 4 cylinder 11741.4C with an engine with uprated characteristics to give an even torque over a wide rpm range. The current 11441 is dead under 1000 rpm just because the fuel injection is reduced to reduce smoke because of pollution laws. With a step forward in turbo technology this can be greatly improved.

Further improvements the forterra range would need is bigger front tires and a long wheelbase on demand. Or even the sprung version of the Carraro axle on demand, the 11441 jumps like a goat on the road, because of the short wheelbase.

If there is a 16 valve version with a turbo with variable geometry, i think we can expect more powerful 4 cylinder versions in the future. an engine with these characteristics could be easily tweaked to 140 hp. I think more than 140 hp simply needs a larger frame to be efficient, and a larger frame would easily accept a six cylinder engine.

I just hope they dont stuff them with too much electronics...

The Proxima Plus line, and the 117.41.4C will be introduced next week at the Brno Fair. Dealers and importers from several countries are invited to Brno for this event.
(and it is NOT a fancy 16 valve model)

The Zetor Proxima plus is not an old UR3 model, but a brand new development based on the trusty UR1 design.
...The legend lives on !!! :love: :)

It has wet plate PTO clutch and gears in the rear axle housing, and a 2 speed powershift in place where current models have the PTO gears.
A 2 speed shuttle reverser is being developed. The UR1 transmission is divided in 2 compartments to be able to assemble or repair the torque multiplier and future shuttle reverser.

I think Zetor has a very tough competitor to Deere's 5020 series, MF 4300, and other tractors on the compact farm tractors /large utility size market segment.

My personal expectation is that this will give the same sales boost as the standard Proxima models did at their introduction.

....The message from Brno, that there would no further development on the UR1 platform appears to be just a stealth rumor !!!

I think it's more logical that they use the UR3 transmission. If they use the Forterra transmission by changing one powershift step into a powershuttle and also use the 4th gear in reverse you have 16F/16R gears. Why would they spend so much money in further developing the UR1 chassis when they already have a transmission that they can use? ??? And if they use the UR1 chassis is it strong enough for a 100 hp tractor.

Are there already pictures of the new proxima models on the web? I would like to see how they look. ;)

When making an existing product cheaper, usually the result is rubbish, due to poor quality or poor performance. Also, the UR3 chassis is quite heavy for 80 hp. The trend is lightweight compact heavy duty tractors, like Deere started the German built 5020 series, offering allmost the same as the 6020 but with smaller dimensions and less weight.

Existing UR1 front loader subframes will fit to a new Proxima plus as well as all other UR1 models, but inside, it is improved in so many small, but also big things, that we could speak of a totally new transmission. :D
The agroweb website mentions a front PTO gearbox from Zuidberg. I assume that Zetor will build their own front lift with it, because it is 40% cheaper than a Zuidberg.

The Agroweb website seems to say that the Proxima Plus uses the UR3 engine and transmission, coupled to a UR1 portal rear axle. Other rumors say that it was 100% UR3, and from the looks, it still looks like UR1 ????

Pictures and a full introduction will appear on this website soon, i promise ;)

I found some info: http://www.zetorpdc.cz/article5.php?nLang=2&nDepartment=7&nLine=80000

O.K. now the news is from official sources i will put it up the site as well.

Imagine that 525 Nm of torque for the 11741_4c is more than the 520 Nm of the old 16045 !!! The fuel consumption will be about 218 g/kwh which is very good.

Zetor doesnt go for some quick buck$ by throwing some quick crap on the market, but starts from the inside out- the reorganisation of the manufacturing facilities enable them to produce cheaper and with better quality. Customer feedback is very important as the things that were mentioned here, and elsewhere, are all improved. Their focus is on the existing market of 60-120 hp and refine their models to bite the big dogs.
I think the computer guys of HTC really know how to run a business, better than CNH which hasnt made any profits since the take over. :p

ONe thing I dont like about zetor in the states, they have no supply of new tractors, they cant even get them at the national farm shows,

No zetors in the US,??? I think you need to look a bit harder.;) why wont you contact Kevin twomey in canada;) or just go to the zetor north america website - www.zetorna.com ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back